It is a Carnivore of species Pteranodon wyvernus
Found flying in the skies or resting on the ground.
Taming a Pteranodon
Use Raw Meat
Can take 60 minutes for a level 1 Pteranodon and requires around 25-30 narcotics
You can try hitting the Pteranodon with Tranq arrows to make it land.
You can also bola the Pteranodon so that it will stay on the ground while you shoot it with Tranq arrows.
Riding a Pteranodon
You can ride a Pteranodon using a Pteranodon Saddle.
- The Pteranodon lands on the ground when it's tired (half stamina) to regenerate it's stamina, so that's the best opportunity to attack it.
- A good ranged weapon is recommended.
- The Pterandodon will fly away when attacked. Be prepared to give chase.
- When the Pternadon flees it flies away at a straight line away from the attacker (ie player or other dino). Stay on its flight path until it lands (usually when it runs out of stamina). But watch for obstacles and other enemies on the ground and be careful not to aggro aggressive dinos and animals.
- A Pteranodon flies faster than the Argentavis but also use up the stamina quicker.
- Pteranodons can drown in water if it has low stamina so watch out when it is following you.
- To land the Pteranodon, press space bar when gettting near to the land.
- To walk the Pteranodon, press tab.