Toby is a hero in Battleborn
Is part of the Rogues Faction.
Despite his talent for engineering, Toby was rejected as a potential Peacekeeper conscript due to his adorable and diminuitive form. Toby then offered his genius to the Rogues, where he can pour his anxious, self-loathing energy into the construction of walking death machines.
Rank Unlock: Command Rank 24
Challenge Unlock: Win 5 matches as a Rogue.
- Arc Mine: Launches an Arc Mine, which arms after a brief delay, dealing 60 area damage per second for 8 seconds. Afterwards, Arc Mine will explode for 90 damage.
- Core Discharge: Transform your mech to charge up a powerful laser that deals 120 damage a second for 6 seconds.
- UPR H8-MS Custom Railgun: Toby's powerful Railgun can be charged, dealing increased damage at higher charge levels.
- Force Field: Deploys an energy field that blocks 750 enemy damage. Firing a Railgun shot through the field increases projectile velocity
- Boosters: Double-jumping while holding a direction grants Toby a quick boost in that direction. Boosters hold a total of 3 charges that recharge after 8 seconds.
- Me 'N My Mech: Clad in his battle mech "Berg", the adorable-yet-fearsome Toby's considerable engineering talent provides for on-the-fly modification to respond to a variety of battlefield conditions
|Option 1||Level||Option 2||Mutation|
|Contingency Plan - Shooting Toby's Arc Mine with a Railgun blast will detonate the mine, dealing extra damage to nearby targets. +200 Damage||1||Me 'n My Magnets - Railgun projectiles deal bonus damage when passing through a Force Field. +25% Damage|
|Starting Line - Allies who pass through Toby’s Force Field are hastened for a brief time. +30% Movement Speed||2||Best Offense - Allies standing behind Toby’s Force Field are granted bonus health regeneration and attack speeds. +14 Health Per Second, +15% Attack Speed|
|Targeting Overlay - While zooming Toby’s Railgun, all enemies (including cloaked enemies) are highlighted in the scope.||3||Still Alive! Sorry! - Increase Toby’s maximum shield strength. +240 Maximum Shield Strength|
|Sorry I broke your legs - Enemies damaged by Arc Mines are slowed. +3 Seconds Slow Duration||4||Sorry I broke your wrists - Enemies damaged by Arc Mines are stunned. +2 Second Stun||Arc Vortex - Arc Mines now suck enemies toward them|
|Boosted Boosters - Toby’s Boosters gain one additional charge. +1 Charge||5||Panic Mode - Toby gains increased damage resistance while his Boosters are out of charges. +30% Damage Reduction||Upward Boost - Toby Boosters can now propel him upward.|
|Beam Splitter - Toby’s Railgun projectiles split into three blasts when fired through a Force Field||6||Plasma Mine - Arc Mines deal increased damage to enemy shields. +150% Shield Damage||Overcompensating - Increases the size of Toby’s Railgun shot when fired through his Force Field. +25% Projectile Size|
|Riding the Rail - Decreases the time required to fully charge Toby’s Railgun. -20% Charging Time||7||Heartpiercer - Fully charged Railgun shots penetrate walls, objects in the world, and enemies.||Self Destruct Sequence - On death, Toby’s mech explodes, dealing damage to nearby enemies. +500 Damage|
|Room for improvement - Enlarges Force Field’s effective range. +50% Force Field Radius||8||Room for mistakes - Increases Force Field total health. +100% Force Field Health|
|What's Mine is Yours - Increases the range that Arc Mines can deal damage. +50% Area of Effect Radius||9||Prime Catalyzers - Increases Arc Mine base damage. +15% Damage||Mines, Mines, Mines! (Rank 12) - Reduces the cooldown of Arc Mine. -20% Cooldown Time|
|Triple Charge - Rather than a single focused beam, Core Discharge charges up three blasts firing one after the other, dealing 150 damage per blast.||10||Coldlock - Enemies damaged by Core Discharge blasts are slowed. +3 Second Slow Duration|
- In the Open Beta, Toby was exclusive to the PS4. PC and Xbox could not play Toby, EVEN if it said it was unlocked. As of games release, however, ALL SYSTEMS have access to Toby.