Proptosis is a passive item in The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (TBOIR)
Eye inside a blood puddle.
Tears become bigger and do a lot more damage.
The tears will start out as large tears and become smaller the further away they travel. They will deal from 200% damage (if hit at the beginning) to 30% damage (at max range, which is shortened as well).
Character's eyes bulging out of head, with blood under them:
- Even with the shortened range, this item is very powerful as you can kill enemies in a lot less shots and your accuracy will improve too since the tears are bigger.
- Shoot the enemies from as close as possible.
- With The Ludovico Technique and A Lump of Coal, the controlled tear will always have the full damage even if it's far away from Isaac.
Proptosis has the following Synergies and Interactions with other items:
|Soy Milk||Tears will disappear almost immediately after being shot, making it hard to hit anything and causing less damage.|
|The Ludovico Technique||Tear's size depends on how close they are to Isaac.|
|Anti-Gravity||Tears only start decreasing in size when they start moving.|
|Chocolate Milk||Bigger tears|
|Brimstone||Double damage effect retained with no loss to damage over range.|
- 9SBT Q10B (pc) (first treasure room)
- ADD MORE PROPTOSIS SEEDS HERE!
- "Proptosis" is a medical term referring to an abnormal displacement of the eye.