Fishing is one of the activities you can do in Black Desert Online.
You need to get a Fishing Rod to start fishing. Several vendors sell them.
One of the earliest one who sells it is Material Vendor Zaaira in Velia.
You can also craft one with through a Tool workshop, or buy one through the marketplace.
How to fish
- Locate a body of water. Make sure it's not too shallow
- Press SPACE to cast the fishing pole.
- When a fish bites, press SPACE when the fishing meter is in the blue. You need to time it just right.
- If you succeed, a sequence of WASD keys will be displayed. Press the keys as shown within the time given to reel the fish up.
The less resources available, the longer it takes to fish.
Areas that are heavily populated might show as "Resources Exhausted" or "Resources Not Enough", meaning it will take you a longer time to catch the fish. Try moving to a less populated area:
- Some quests give you a fishing pole as a reward.
- Before fishing, you should clear your inventory (i.e. to storage, or selling) to have room for all the fish.