Tiny Tina's Cobra is a Sniper Rifle in Borderlands 2.
Requires Campaign of Carnage
Stats for sample Tiny Tina's Cobra shown below. Actual stats will vary based on level.
Cobra Drops from
Cobra Drop rate
Any Sniper Rifle dropped by The Burners has a 0.88% probability to be Tiny Tina's Cobra
So Drop chance is a lot less than 0.88%, probably around 0.09%
(Source: See update below)
Update from Gearbox Software on getting the Tiny Tina's Cobra
On 11/26/2012, Matt Armstrong, a developer from Gearbox Software, posted on the official forums:
Speaking from the design room - The Cobra drops perhaps slightly less frequently than we intended. It's a complex game with lots of guns and gear and stuff, and getting all the fiddily little dials just right is a constant battle.
So I will do what we normally don't do, which is straight up tell you where the Cobra lives. Normally, you see, we enjoy the exploration and discovery, but in this case, it's taking more exploration than we'd like.
The Cobra is dropped by...
Not one of the bosses. Just the regular guys. Any sniper rifle dropped by either of the gangs has a .88% chance to be Tiny Tina's Cobra.
Perhaps at some point in the future we will revisit these odds in a patch. I make no promises.
Rarity: Blue (Rare)
Type: Sniper Rifle
Fire Rate: 0.6
Reload Speed: 4.0
Magazine Size: 8
Status Effects and Other Bonuses
"Found out about this I was like DAAAMN. I'm bringing that gun BACK!" (red text effect)
+15% Weapon Damage
Inscription on the scope says:
Patent us 4521
Made in Pandora
There were many myths regarding how to get the Cobra, but they all proved to be false:
1) There is no confirmed, legitimate method for obtaining this weapon in the game, except by using a share editor. FALSE - See acquisition method above
2) Via datamining, it has been determined that this gun is not found in the loot tables of any mob. FALSE - It is in the loot table of the Burner Enemies. See above on how to acquire.
3) Piston and/or Badassaurus drop the cobra. FALSE - Piston shares his drops with Badassaurus and the ONLY Unique Rare he drops is the Slow Hand.
4) You get the Tiny Tina's Cobra by choosing Tiny Tina as your sponsor. FALSE - You do not have the option to choose Tiny Tina as your sponsor. You do NOT choose sponsors at all, and are never presented with that choice.
5) It is dropped by the Angel Gang or the Dragon Gang. FALSE - This was posted as an update by a developer from Gearbox Software, but was later edited. See above on where to find the Cobra.