This page has the walkthrough/solution to the A Balanced Approach Puzzle.
Qua Raym Shrine
- Head across the room ot where the braziers are, going over to the left.
- Turn around and look back toward the entrance.
- On the lower end of this case, you will see a large wooden box.
- Either light an arrow on fire using one of the Braziers or use a Fire Arrow to ignite the box.
- This will lower the other end of the scale, underneath the spikes.
- Open the chest there to claim the Small Key inside it.
- Go back onto the landing with the braziers and use the Small Key to open the locked door there.
- This will give Link access to 3 Large Metal Blocks which he will need to get the second chest and reach the Monk.
- Equip Magnesis and grab 1 of the Metal Blocks.
- Go over to the inverted scale on the right-hand side of the room, if you are facing the entry point.
- Use 1 of the Metal Blocks to lower the inverted scale arm on the same side as the entrance.
- Grab the Metal Block and slide it underneath the scale arm and set it down by the stairs.
- This creates a platform that gives Link access to the lowered scale arm.
- Climb onto the lowered arm using the Metal Block.
- Use Magnesis to move the Metal Block onto the other arm of this scale.
- This will "lower" the other arm, giving access to the high ledge above Link.
- Go over to the chest and open it it to claim the Knight's Claymore inside it.
- Either climb back onto the scale arm, removing the Metal Block on the far side.
- Head back to the other scale, it is time to get to the Monk.
- Place a Remote Bomb to on the lowered end, where you got the Small Key.
- Grab 1 of the Metal Blocks and place it on the raised end of the scale.
- This will raise the other side up into the spikes.
- Detonate the Remote Bomb to clear out the weakened stone blocking the way to Monk.
- Grab the Metal Block one more with Magnesis and push down on the raised end.
- Set the Metal Block on this lowered platform.
- Link needs to place 2 Metal Blocks onto the raised end of the scale, 1 before he stands on the lowered end and one after to lift him up.
- The Metal Block on the same platform as Link will stop him from getting crushed by the spikes and give him access to the Monk.
- Climb the stairs and interact with the Monk Qua Raym.
- Careful use of the Magnesis Rune can make this a fairly simple Shrine to solve.
- Having a few Fire Arrows can help to quickly destroy the first wooden box.