This page has the walkthrough/solution to the A Major Test of Strength Goma Assagh Puzzle.
Goma Assagh Shrine
- This entire battle arena has a layer of water throughout it.
- It is devoid of the typical pillars that are found in this Combat trials.
- Lightning Weapons, and especially Shock Arrows can be used to great effect against this Guardian Scout. They can stun the Scout for several seconds and now can be fired into the water nearby the Scout to induce a similar effect.
- You will be facing a Guardian Scout IV armed with a Guardian Sword++, Guardian Spear++ and an Ancient Battle Axe++.
- This Guardian can strafe fire small eye blasts at Link. A high enough defense shield can protect against them.
- During the first three phases, the Guardian Scout can be stunned by Electrical attacks.
- Watch each of the weapons carefully for their very clear wind-up attacks.
- The Guardian Scout will leap back at points and hold its weapons horizontally.
- When it does this, use Cryonis to create a pillar either underfoot or in front of Link.
- Cryonis can be used to create pillars to be used against the Guardian Scout.
- Lure the Guardian into bull rushing the Ice Pillar to smash it.
- When the Guardian Scout is reduced to less than 50% health, it will move away from Link and start emitting a blue beam from its eye in a wide circle.
- When the Scout has taken 75% damage, then it will start using its 4 Shot Volley attacks.
- It will glow blue and emit a blue aura from itself.
- When the aura coalesces around the head of the Scout, the beam will fire.
- If Link is close to the Scout, he can strafe around it and avoid all the damage.
- Defeat the Scout to clear the room and have the gate rise in the back, allowing access to the Monk's Chamber.
- In front of the Monk, you will find a chest with a Royal Claymore.
- Climb the stairs and interact with the Monk Goma Assagh.
- Using Cryonis is key to the fight.