This page has the walkthrough/solution to the A Major Test of Strength Tena Ko'sah Puzzle.
Tena Ko'sah Shrine
- Take some time and equip your best gear for this encounter. It can be a difficult fight to take on.
- Head forward into the main chamber when you are ready.
- You will encounter a Guardian Scout IV with a Guardian Sword++, Ancient Axe++ and a Guardian Shield++
- The Guardian, until the final phase, can be stunned briefly by Shock Arrows.
- For the first half of the fight, be on guard for it the Guardian to move in and attack with its closest weapon. This can be either the Axe or the Sword. It will be guarding almost constantly, making it difficult to get hits from that side.
- Throughout this first portion of the fight, the Guardian Scout can leap back and then extend its weapons and shield out, rotating them around its torso. When you see this, get behind a pillar nearby the Guardian.
- The guardian will come rushing in with a spin attack. If it hits the column Link is nearby, he will easily be able to rush in and get some free hits on the Guardian.
- At 50% or less health, the Guardian will begin to use a new attack. It emits a blue beam from its eye and begins to rotate its head rapidly. This creates an area of updraft around it.
- You can either just start shooting the Guardian from the ground or run into the updraft section and quickly jump and deploy the Paraglider. Drop and aim with your bow to use the slow time effect to land numerous eye shots.
- When at or below 25% health remaining, the Guardian will retract its weapons and begin to use its Blast Volley.
- This blast volley has a blue glow emanating from the Scout. When it coalesces around its eye is when it will fire. It can no longer be stunned by Shock Arrow.
- Once it begins firing, if Link is next to the Guardian, he can side hop to avoid the blasts.
- When the Guardian stops firing and resumes charging, attack mercilessly.
- Repeat this process until the Guardian is defeated.
- The gate will open that was barring the way to the Monk.
- Inside this area you will find a chest with a Knight's Halberd inside it.
- Climb the stairs and interact with the Monk Tena Ko'sah.
- Especially during the final phase of this fight, keep moving.