This page has the walkthrough/solution to the A Modest Test of Strength Puzzle.
Sasa Kai Shrine
- Once inside the shrine, equip to fight the Guardian Scout III who is waiting within.
- The Guardian Scout, for most of the fight can be stunned for several seconds using Lightning Weapons and Shock Arrows.
- When the fight begins, the Scout will reveal it has a Guardian Sword+ and a Guardian Spear+ equipped.
- Each of the weapons has a very obvious wind-up to its attack, the sword with its flipping around and the spear spins.
- Watch for when the Guardian Scout holds its weapon horizontally after it leaps back.
- It will begin to rotate its mid-section then charge at Link in a Bull Rush.
- You can get it to slam into any of the stone pillars to stun it, giving Link a safe opening to move in and attack.
- When reduced to 50% health, it will start using a new attack, leaping backwards and rotating its head.
- From its eye, it will emit a continuous beam, creating an area of updraft around it.
- Link can use this Updraft to either sail above the Guardian Scout and then attack it using his bow and arrow or stay on the ground and fire at it from outside its area of effect.
- If Link is within the Updraft area while it is in effect he will take some damage and get knocked back until he is outside it.
- When reduced to 25% health, the Guardian Scout will then retract its weapons into its body and start using its Volley Attack.
- The Guardian Scout will emit an aura around itself which, when it coalesces on it, it will fire a rapid burst of 4 very powerful beam attacks.
- These beams are very easy to dodge when Link is close to the Guardian Scout.
- Head into the newly opened chamber.
- In front of the Monk is a chest with a Frostblade inside it.
- Climb the stairs and interact with the Monk Sasa Kai.