- Return to Divine Beast Vah Ruta and approach it.
- You will hear from the mysterious voice again and then it will be time to take on the manifestation of fear inside.
- This is a very difficult fight to win, take a lot of patience and timing.
- Be sure that you have your Runes upgraded from the Hateno Ancient Tech Lab's Purah.
- Most important will be Cryonis and the Remote Bomb.
- This battle is more about patience and positioning than powering through the fight.
- Start by equipping one of the Ceremonial Tridents to begin the fight.
- Move close by the Waterblight Ganon as the fight starts.
- Watch for its attacks, this will let you dodge and attack using the Flurry Rush.
- There are 3 attacks you need to watch for: a burst around its legs, a spear stab, and a spear sweep.
- Most of these can be blocked or dodged. And you want to dodge.
- A split second dodge to trigger Flurry Rush after them.
- Once you trigger Flurry rush, you need to do something a bit atypical.
- You only want to use the trident for the initial rush attack until Waterblight Ganon is stunned.
- Once Waterblight Ganon is stunned, DO NOT KEEP ATTACKING with your tridents.
- Instead, change to using your Remote Bombs.
- Just throw the bombs, one type after another.
- With the upgrade bombs, you will be able to simply alternate between the 2 types and continually throw them.
- Just remember to detonate the bomb before switching types.
- Just keep throwing the bombs until Waterblight recovers.
- Repeat this process until the Waterblight Ganon triggers the second part of the fight, raising the water level.
- With the water level risen, the next phase of the fight can begin.
- Waterblight Ganon will be using 1 of 2 attacks to start now: either summoning an Ice Block and hurling it at Link (with strong homing on Link) or throwing its energy spear at Link.
- It also has the ability to teleport, gathering its into a ball of energy then moving.
- To be able to hurt Waterblight Ganon, you will need to do one of a few things.
- To begin, create an Ice Pillar toward the middle of the 4 blocks, somewhat close to the block that Waterblight Ganon is on.
- Each Ice Pillar can also block 1 Ice Block from the Waterblight.
- Misplacing this closer to the Waterblight will result in it getting broken whenever it summons its ice blocks to attack.
- From the proper distance, you will be able to throw the bombs at the Waterblight and damage it.
- You can use your arrows to deflect the Ice Blocks it hurls at Link back at it.
- These Ice Blocks can also be broken by using Cryonis.
- After you have done some damage, it will begin to throw 3 Ice Blocks instead of 1.
- The chances of its hurling its spear will also increase if you stay on one platform for a long time.
- If you are on an ice pillar within throwing range, it will simply do a spear swipe, destroying the pillar.
- When reduced down to a quarter health, it will change how often it teleports and increases its ice blocks from 3 to 5.
- You can maintain using the arrows and deflecting the ice blocks back at it or summoning the ice pillar to throw bombs at it.
- Do know that in its last portion of health, it will be using the Guardian Beam attack.
- Be sure to dodge this or stun the Waterblight with a careful arrow shot into its face.
- Choose and maintain with one strategy to complete this boss fight.
Maz Koshia: To the one who approaches this Divine Beast... In the name of the Goddess Hylia, I offer this trial. In exchange for Ruta's Emblems... you will be granted the chance to tread through the realm of memories. Those who lack determination will find this trial unforgiving. Do not take this place lightly, nor dismiss it as merely a world within your mind. The truth is much deeper than you know.
Maz Koshia: This illusory realm was created from the depths of your memories... The energy you shall face is a product of the fear that dwells within. You must overcome this fear to proceed. This battle is a trial of the soul. You must emerge victorious using only the tools provided.