Basic Sniper Rifle Frame is a quest step in Destiny 2: Black Armory.
Part of the Gofannon Forge Quest.
An uncalibrated weapon frame obtained from Ada-1. It's still missing a charged Weapon Core
- Recover a weapon core from a stolen Black Armory crate in Artifact's Edge or the Hallows on Nessus
- Obtain Compound Ether from the Fallen to charge the Weapon Core.
- Weapon Core obtained
- Compound Ether Collected: 25
- Obtaining the Weapon Core is the tricky part since you need to wait in either Artifact's Edge or the Hallows for a Forge Saboteur to appear in the area.
- The weapon core can be found nearby the Public Event spawn point in Artifact's Edge.
- Once the cache appears with the Forge Saboteur, destroy the Shield Drone protecting the cache.
- Open the cache to obtain the needed weapon core.
- Finding the cache in the Hallows.
- Head down into the depths of the Hallows, where you have a chance to find the Armory Caches.
- One can be found by the river down at the base of the "Stairs" down into the Hallows.
- Turning to the right, between the up slope toward the stairs and one of the walls.
- Toward the top of the hill you drop down onto is another cache.
- Obtained the Compound Ether is a simple matter of killing Fallen on Nessus.
- Defeat them in public areas, during Public Events or in Lost Sectors to make quick work of collecting the 25 Compound Ether.
- The end reward of the quest chain is Gofannon Forge.