Prepare to fight Dominus Ghaul.
- Approaching the mass of energy surrounding Ghaul will trigger a cutscene where he will emerge empowered by the Light.
- He will emerge from the energy and have powers like a Guardian, that he has stolen from the Traveler.
- Throughout the fight, Light will siphon through vents that the Guardian can use to recharge their Super quickly.
- These pools of light will only last so long once used.
- Ghaul will start with a flying sword swipe, very much like the Dawnblade.
- He can be hurt while airborne, but it does make for some challenging shots.
- There are a few Psions and Legionaries running around this area, be on guard for them.
- Use the barriers and tunnels for cover as needed.
- Throughout the fight, he will take the sky and use this "Super" on you.
- Watch for the notification that Red Legion reinforcements are on their way.
- This will bring in more Psions and Legionaries.
- Reducing his health by 1/3 will trigger the next phase.
- Down by 1/3, Ghaul will retreat to the energy feed where he started.
- Use this time to clear out the surrounding Cabal.
- Watch the vents on the side and in the back. This can have Light coming out of them, allowing for a very fast recharge of your super.
- The flames will turn purple as Ghaul is imbued with Void light.
- In this form, he will be invulnerable while surrounded by a shield.
- He will have a long wind-up before throwing a shield.
- If hit by this void damage, the Guardian will be slowed for an extended duration.
- Ghaul will be vulnerable after that.
- Take cover in the walkways during this time or move around, clearing the Red Legion Loyalists.
- Ghaul will retreat to the Light once again when reduced to half health or less.
- While Ghaul is charging, fight through the Phalanx, Legionaries, Incendior, and Psions.
- Ghaul will now have Arc Light to draw on as well.
- He uses something very similar to the Stormtrance in this time.
- He will also cycle through his various states now: Arc, Solar and Void.
- These can be used in any order.
- Keep moving, taking advantage of the cover to complete this battle and finish the main story missions.