Defeat, Argos, Planetary Core.
- The basic mechanic of using the Vex Craniums, and powering them up remains the same.
- This will be how you take down the Boss's shield and lead into a damage phase.
- The teams need to stay in the pairs that they are in already.
- Instead of crystals, it will be large motes of energy that have to be hit by the same type of energy.
- There will be a total of 3 Motes (Orbs) that need to be destroyed using a Charged Vex Cranium.
- Someone needs to be watching these Orbs and call out their location and typing.
- Whatever section has the Orbs, there is a large number of Harpies that you will need to fight through (or manage).
- To get to the damage phase, at least 3 Vex Craniums are needed to bring down the shield.
- The remaining 3 need to go into the appropriate section to charge up to use on the Boss because they do very substantial damage.
- Use the Beam to force the Orb along its path.
- To bring down the shield, all 3 orbs need to collide.
- Once they collide, the shield on that side will come down, exposing the boss.
- This will grant the Fireteam the buff, Unstable Energy Boost, significantly increasing the damage they are doing.
- With this buff, the damage phase begins, but it is not as simple as just fire on the boss.
- Argos has an attack it will use while exposed, a Prism Beam.
- It will Detain any Guardians that get hit by it.
- The rest of the team will need to break the prison around that guardian before they float away into the void and die.
- To avoid the worst of this, the fireteam will need to be a bit more spread out to avoid multiple guardians being hit by the Prism beam.
- After the damage phase, there is one more thing you must be alert for.
- Failing this will result in a Fireteam wipe.
- Watch for the notice of Void readings spike.
- Argos will drop its shield and extend its arms outward.
- Platforms will materialize around Argos that the Guardians can rush onto.
- You will get the notice Void energy rips the air as its arms begin their charging sequence.
- For this part, the Guardians want to be using something that does continuous damage, like the Coldheart or Auto Rifles.
- Be sure that you are seeing critical damage against these locations, aiming for the red glowing portions.
- If you are not seeing this, you are hitting the wrong part and need to check what you are aiming at.
- Each time, you will need to move to a different location to stop the wipe mechanic.
- The second time, it is recommended to climb to the top and aim for the vents on top of Argos's head.
- The third time, you will need to aim for the critical spots found on Argos's back.
- You must kill it during the fourth damage phase to avoid getting wiping because you will no longer be able to stun it.
- When Argos is defeated, the fireteam will begin to float.
- Orange and fiery tendrils of energy will whip about as they float.
- You will be pulled into the final treasure room of the Leviathan Raid itself.
- Approach the chest and claim your rewards.
- Always try to have 1 Vex Cranium charging in each section.
- Only start charging the other craniums once it is clear what kinds are needed to breach the shield.
- The remaining craniums should go in the charge station in front of the boss so they can be used to inflict heavy damage on it.
- You want an even split within the team's supers for roaming to deal with adds and focused damage to inflict on the boss.