“Eye in the Dark” is part of the Hive.
The Eye in the Dark is a unique Shrieker that has been taken from the Prison of Elders.
- It will only open and attack something with the Scent of the Worm on it.
- The Eye has a unique Cursed Thrall aiding it: The Wormcursed.
- Being within a particular range or running through where the Wormcursed just was after it explodes or dies will grant Scent of the Worm.
- It will open briefly after its assault, just before teleporting to a different location within its room.
- Entering into the room with the Eye in the Dark, a pair of the Wormcursed will appear and attack the Guardian along with a few Thrall.
- Killing these off (without getting the Scent of the Worm), Acolytes will appear in one of the lower areas and start attacking the Guardian.
- Getting close to the Wormcursed can sometimes trigger the Scent of the Worm, but it can only assuredly be gained by killing the Wormcursed and running through the musk.
- After the first time you damage the Eye, likely a Dread Unhallowed Vanquisher
- Defeating the Dread Hive will have the Eye open briefly to teleport, giving you a quick chance to inflict some damage on it.
- Fight through the Thralls and Acolytes that have likely come into the room, coming after you.
- Once again, wait for the Wormcursed to appear and come after you, either getting them to explode or kill them and rush through the short-lived musk.
- After the second damage phase, you will encounter a pair of Dread Unhallowed Wizards.
- Kill the Wizards and then fight through the Acolytes and Thrall.
- Getting through the third damage phase will bring in a Dread Unhallowed Ogre.
- Fight through the remaining Hive, watching for the Wormcursed.
- Take your time to attack the Eye with careful shots to the its critical points.