The Tutorial Dungeon is the first dungeon you encounter in Divinity: Original Sin
After the fight, you should see the Ancient Stone Gate to the right.
Entering the dungeon is OPTIONAL. However, it is highly recommended you go in, especially if it is your first time playing Divinity : Original Sin. The dungeon will teach you a lot of the basics in the game such as how to force open a locked chest, how to move objects around so that you can get through a blocked corridor, and various other game mechanics such as interactions between the different elemental forces in the game.
If you attempt to leave the area, you will get a friendly reminder from the game in the form of a tooltip: "Access the optional tutorial area by entering the dungeon behind you."
- Enter the dungeon through the Ancient Stone Gate
- Loot the Vases and Bone Piles in the first chamber. You can ignore the Broken Vases as they don't have items in them.
- Tip: The items you receive will be random. Some of the lootable objects will be empty.
- There is a Chest at the end of the room, near the altar. The chest is locked - attack it by holding CTRL and left clicking on the chest. The chest will then break open and either gold or treasure might drop from it. Hold ALT to see where the object is if you are having problems finding it.
- Go down the stairs between the two Coal Baskets. There will be several Wooden Crates and Barrels blocking the way. You can move an object by dragging (click and hold). Move some of those items out of your way. Loot the objects before moving them, some of the containers may have items in them.
- There's a Mine ahead! You can trigger mines by attacking them with a ranged weapon (CTRL + click) or by dropping something heavy on them. However you choose to trigger the explosive mine, make sure to keep your distance while doing so!
- There will be more lootable objects near where the Mine was. There is also a Broad Skull on a table.
- To the northeast of where the mine was, up the stairs, there is a Burial Chest. This chest's lock seems intricate. You should search for its key nearby. Hold ALT to highlight the Tomb Chest Key near it. Open the chest using the character who picked up the key, otherwise it will say: "The other Source Hunter has the key for this door. Have them open it themselves or give you the key."
- There is another chest to the south. This chest's lock doesn't seem very advanced. Find a lockpick to open it. Hold ALT to see the lockpicks which should be near the chest. Pick it up, open your inventory and use the lockpick on the chest.
- Loot the King's Tomb and fetch the Old Parchment
- The Old Parchment contains the solution to the King Tomb's Puzzle. Head towards the waterfall towards the southeast and press the button on the wall to reveal a hidden door. If you need more help, see: King's Tomb Puzzle Solution.
- You can look behind walls and pillars by holding the middle mouse button. Zoom in or out using the mouse wheel.
- Go down the corridor towards the southeast and encounter the locked door. This door doesn't look very sturdy. Try attacking it to break it and get through. Hold CTRL+CLICK to attack it. Proceed down the stairs. Hold the ALT button to look for items, I found a Fire Resistance Potion near the stairs. At the base of the stairs, you will also find a Rain Scroll
- At the bottom of the stairs there is a large chamber filled with fire. Fire can be removed by water. Use a water spell, or destroy a Water Barrel to clear th0e fire up. For more help with this puzzle, see: Tutorial Dungeon Fire Puzzle Solution.
- Go up a flight of stairs to the northwest and find the Ornate Key in a vase. This key opens an Ornate Chest near it.
- Hold! our enemies have lain a trap. The trap is an Explosive Mine in front of the Ornate Chest. On a stone platform to the northeast of the chest, between two candles, there is a Trap Disarm Toolkit. Pick it up and use it on the mine to disarm it.
- To the west you will encounter a green poison cloud. Try using fire on poison surfaces and poison clouds. A fire spell or fire arrow will do the trick. You can pick up a Fireball Scroll near the poison cloud and use that, or if you have a Wizard type character with a pyrokinetic spell such as Flare then you can use that and save the scroll for later. If you are having any problems, see the Tutorial Dungeon Poison Cloud Puzzle Solution.
- Behind the poison cloud, there is a chest with the Metal Temple Door Key. This key opens the big Stone Gate to the south. Fetch the key and head over to the gate
- Alternatively, the gate can be opened using the nearby lever. Whatever way you choose, open the gate and go through.
- You arrive at a poison pit. Try placing an object over the pit to stop the surface or cloud from spreading! Click and drag the nearby objects such as the vases, barrels and crates, and drop them on each of the three vents. If you are having difficulty with this puzzle, see: Tutorial Dungeon Poisonous Pit Puzzle Solution
- There are some Buried Mummies ahead! Press "C" to sneak. Go down the stairs and pick up the Fireball Scroll (Hold ALT if you cant see it). Use the scroll and aim at the center of the two Buried Mummies. You should be able to kill them with that one attack. But if you are not of the sneaky type or dont want to waste the scroll, you could just fight the mummies in regular combat.
- You arrive at a room with a locked Stone Door. There are two pressure plates in this room. Drag a vase onto each plate so that it 'clicks' and the door will open. Climb the stairs and arrive at another locked door. You can separate your characters by dragging one of the portraits in the top left and breaking the chain. Separate your characters so that one is not following the other. Have the first character stand on the pressure plate. Then the second character goes through the door that just opened (a bit south) and stands on a second pressure plate just past that door. Now another door opens in front of the first character, go through that door and group again with the other character. If you are still having problems getting past the door, see: Tutorial Dungeon Pressure Plates Puzzle Solution
- This is the final room of the dungeon, where you will fight Ragequin, a boss. Ragequin will summon two Awakened Archers. When you defeat Ragequin, he will transform into Ragequin's Ghost
- When you have defeated all the enemies, make sure to grab all the loot, and proceed up the stairs to exit the Tutorial Dungeon