It is one of the first quests you get after arriving at the Town for the first time.
|Quest Name||Rescuing the Townsfolk|
|Quest Type||Main Quest|
|Quest Giver||Junius the Elder|
|Description||I must rescue the villagers being held by the goblins in the abandoned Highwinter Castle.|
|Difficulty Level||Level 1|
|Suggested Player Level||Level 1|
|Next Quest||Rebuilding the Town Hall|
- Rescue he townsfolk
- Enter town.
- Talk to Junius the Elder
- Open the Side Menu
- Open the Quest Menu
- Open the quest "Rescuing the Townsfolk"
- Press "Start"
- You will be teleported to Highwinter Castle
- Go down the stairs and through the hallway.
- You may have to fight a Skeever here.
- Open a wooden door ahead and kill the Goblin Skirmisher that's guarding a cage.
- Free the Townsfolk from the cage.
- Go through another wooden door
- Get the chest there. Make sure to grab all chests you encounter along the way.
- Go down some stairs and fight another Goblin.
- Keep going through a some hallways and fight any additional goblins you encounter.
- Arrive at the throne room.
- Pull lever to lift cell gates and fight the Skeevers inside.
- Keep going through the castle corridors to arrive at the final room and kill the Goblin there.
- Set free the last Townsfolk.
- This completes the quest and you will be returned to Town.
Rescuing the Townsfolk Secret Area:
- There is one secret area
- Locate a lever in front of two jail cells:
- One of the jail cell doors will open.
- Go through the gate all the way to the end where there is a lit candlestick lamp, and there is a secret lever to your right on the wall:
- Interact with the lever and it will raise a portion of the wall where you can find the secret area!
- The wispy Clairvoyance thread will show you the way when you are lost.
- This thread looks like a blue ray of light and will lead you to the quest objective.
- After completing quest you can choose to go back to Town right away, or to keep exploring the castle (for example for more loot and enemies/XP).