"A Farmer's Plight" is a side quest in Pillars of Eternity
In a farm in Dyrford Village You met a farmer named Rumbald who has some serious problems with his farm. Apparently, an ogre has been coming to his farm and stealing his herd. Rumbald wants this dealt with and hopes your party can help him.
Below are all the possible Journal Entries. The entries that actually show up in your journal will depend on the decisions you make throughout this quest.
This log contains spoilers so skip this section if you do not want to see any spoilers
Rewards and outcomes from the quest will also differ based on your actions.
- Rumbald, a pig farmer in Dyrford, told me that an ogre made off with his herd. He wants the ogre dead, and he wants me to bring him its head.
- Rumbald mentioned that the ogre has been spotted around Dyrford, but he wasn't sure exactly where it dwells.
- I found a cave east of the Bael River. It smells like corpse rot. Something hungry must live here.
- Rumbald informed me that Trygil might know the whereabouts of this ogre. His shop is in front of a half-collapsed tower.
- Trygil told me the ogre most likely resides near the Bael River, east of Dyrford Village.
- I killed Korgrak. Rumbald will be pleased to see the beast's head.
- Korgrak promised to leave town. That should be enough for Rumbald.
- I told Korgrak he could stay in Dyrford if he could learn to avoid drawing attention to himself. He seemed to take to the idea
- Korgrak seemed pleased with my suggestion that he kill Rumbald. I'm not sure what I'll find back in Dyrford, to be honest.
- I offered Korgrak a position at my stronghold. He seemed interested in the idea - I could probably hire him if I really wanted to.
- I killed the ogre and brought its head to Rumbald. The farmer was so grateful for my help that he gave me his blunderbuss, Lead Spitter, and a Piglet of my own.
- Rumbald was disappointed that I hadn't killed the ogre, but he gave me one of his Piglets anyway.
- I gave Rumbald some money to help him replace what the ogre stole. He was so grateful that he gave me his blunderbuss, Lead Spitter, and a Piglet of my own.
- I told Korgrak that Dyrford would be a lot safer for him if he got rid of the farmer who was shouting for his head. Sure enough, when I returned to the village, Rumbald's wife told me he'd been killed by the ogre.
- Now that I've dealt with the ogre, I can return to Dyrford and Farmer Rumbald.