"Cat and Mouse" is a task in Pillars of Eternity
Below are all the possible Journal Entries. The entries that actually show up in your journal will depend on the decisions you make throughout this quest.
This log contains spoilers so skip this section if you do not want to see any spoilers
Rewards and outcomes from the quest will also differ based on your actions.
- Medreth told me that he's looking for Nyfre, a murderer from Defiance Bay who's killed dozens of children. She's an orlan woman. If I find her, he wants me to convince her that it's safe to leave Dyrford.
- Nyfre told me that someone's looking for her. She asked me to check around town for any suspicious figures.
- Medreth has asked me to find Nyfre, a thief who stole from our mutual friends in House Doemenel. She's an orlan woman. If I find her, he wants me to convince her that it's safe to leave Dyrford.
- I came across Nyfre's pursuer, Medreth, next to the river on the west end of town. He told me a very different story about Nyfre - that she's a child-killer on the run. He's waiting to ambush Nyfre. If I believe him, I can lure her into his trap. Otherwise, I should warn Nyfre to head east.
- I came across Nyfre's pursuer, Medreth, next to the river on the west end of town. He told me that she stole from the Doemenels, and now he's tracking her down. He's waiting to ambush Nyfre. If I want to assist him, which the Doemenels would no doubt appreciate, I can lure her into his trap. Otherwise, I can warn Nyfre to head east. The Doemenels won't be happy to hear about that, however.
- I told Nyfre where Medreth was waiting, and she gave him the slip. As a final favor, she asked me to send him off in another direction to buy her more time.
- I coaxed Nyfre out of hiding and sent her toward Medreth. If he's still waiting near that temple, he may have a reward for me.
- I found Nyfre's pursuer, Medreth, and killed him. Nyfre will want to know that she's free to leave Dyrford now.
- I killed Nyfre. Medreth will be glad to hear that I've done his work for him.
- It seemed odd to me that someone like Medreth was sent after Nyfre. He doesn't exactly look official.
- Medreth had an interesting reaction when I asked about the Crucible Knights. I don't think he likes them at all.
- Nyfre wouldn't get into specifics, but she claimed she'd crossed some powerful criminals in Defiance Bay.
- I've met Nyfre. She's upstairs at the Dracogen Inn, and she's trying to elude her pursuers. I haven't sent her to Medreth - or warned her away - yet.
- I met Nyfre upstairs at the Dracogen Inn. She admitted that she was on the run, but she didn't sound like the monster Medreth described. I haven't sent her to Medreth - or warned her away - yet.
- Hendyna told me that an orlan woman stopped at the Dracogen Inn not long ago.
- I killed Medreth and allowed Nyfre to flee. She was grateful for the second chance.
- I killed Nyfre. Medreth was surprised, but he didn't seem to mind that I'd done his dirty work for him. He suggested that I pay my respects to House Doemenel the next time I'm in Defiance Bay.
- I put an end to the intrigues between Medreth and Nyfre by killing them both. Neither of them were up to any good.
- I told Nyfre where Medreth was waiting so that she could slip away. Medreth wasn't too happy about it.
- I sent Nyfre straight into Medreth's trap. He was most appreciative and suggested that House Doemenel would be most appreciative, too.
- I sent Nyfre straight into Medreth's trap. He was most appreciative and suggested that House Doemenel would be most appreciative, too. He didn't seem to know that I'd already had a falling out with the Doemenels.
- I told Nyfre where Medreth was waiting so that she could slip away, and I sent Medreth off in the wrong direction looking for her. Looks like I've seen the last of them.