Raids are a new feature adding in June of 2017 to Pokemon Go.
Participating in a Raid
- A trainer needs to be at least level 20 to participate in a Raid.
- Raids happen at a Gym that has at least a few Pokemon of the same team in them.
- Raids have a 90 minute countdown leading up to their beginning.
- Raids are active for 1 hour.
- Access the raid will require you have 1 Raid Pass or Premium Raid Pass.
Battling in Raid/Forming a Raid Group
- You fight a raid with a full team of 6 Pokemon.
- You have a 2 minute count down leading into the fight against the Raid Pokemon.
- To form a raid group, give the code shown out to any local friends to participate in the raid with them.
- The Raid group can be turned public so anyone in range can participate.
- The Timer for the Raid is determined by the Level of the Raid.
- These Levels are 1-4 and Legendary.
Winning a Raid Battle
- When a Trainer wins a raid battle with their team, they have a chance to catch the Pokemon.
- You are given a number of Pokeballs based on your contributions to catch the Pokemon.