King Truffle, the young leader of Matango, tells Randi what he knows abotu the Mana legend and informs the party of a white dragon that lives in the nearby cave.
- Party: 22-24
- All Magic: Lv. 3
- Weapons: Most 2-3
Entering the Cave
- Having talked with King Truffle and upgraded your Javelin to Lv. 3, it is time to head out behind the castle and begin the search for the White Dragon.
- Head to the East of Watts and take the Southern exit to leave the Castle.
- Going to the North in this section of the Castle leads to the Inn (saving is recommended).
- Once outside the Castle via the small hut adjacent to it, head to the North and into the nearby cave.
- The entrance of the cave looks more like an outside area.
- Here, you will need to fight your way up to the Central Northern doorway.
- Immediately nearby you is a Water Bandit and Steamed Crab.
- Making your way North, you will encounter a few additional Steamed Crabs nearby the mushrooms blocking the way through the middle of the area.
- On the other side of the mushrooms will be another Steamed Crab, and Water Bandit.
- As you approach the entrance of the cave proper, you will encounter a trio of Crawlers.
- Defeat them and head inside the cave.
- Just inside the cave, head over to the left.
- You will almost immediately encounter a Pebbler, and not far past them, a Kimono Bird.
- Follow the path to the North to press on through the first section of the cave.
- Going along the walkway to the East, you will encounter another Kimono Bird.
- Defeat them quickly to avoid lots of Pebblers being summoned.
- This can summon in a Nemesis Owl from nearby, so be on guard for it if you defeat the Kimono Bird.
- You will reach set of stairs with a pair of Nemesis Owls nearby them.
- Go on up the stairs and over to the East, following the path South.
- Equip a party member with the Whip.
- Use the Whip to cross the gap blocking your way along the path.
- Head West, down the stairs, fight on through the Pebbler and Kimono Bird.
- Take the nearby stairwell down to the next level of the cave.
- Here, you will encounter another Kimono Bird and have another gap to cross using your Backhand Whip.
- Across this gap, you can either head down the stairs to the South immediately to continue or go over to the Eastern area and fight a pair of Water Bandits.
- Going down the stairs will lead you to a path arching to the North.
- Pebblers and a pair of Kimono Birds are found nearby.
- Take the stairs to the North of the Stalagmite and the stairs you just came down.
- To the West of the stairs you arrive on, you will find 2 Nemesis Owls (spread apart) and a Kimono Bird.
- Continue to the West and down the stairs to continue forward.
- Down the stairs head West and loop around the Rocks to the North and over to the East.
- Expect to encounter at least 3 Nemesis Owls as you head for the next set of stairs in the Northeastern corner of the area.
- At the top of the stairs, as you head West, expect to encounter a few Pebblers.
- Following the path will lead to an Elemental Crystal.
- Bring over both Primm and Popoi if you want to progress forward.
- If you use Analyze with Primm you will learn the Elemental Crystal will break if hit with Gnome magic.
- BE SURE that both Primm and Popoi nearby the crystal to ensure it will trigger properly.
- Strike the crystal with either Gem Missile or Earth Slide to trigger it.
- You will be notified you heard rock rumbling nearby.
- Go back down the stairs to the previous room.
- The rocks blocking across the middle of the room will have vanished, just leaving a few Stalagmites.
- Go past where the rocks where and head through the central Southern exit in this room.
- At the base of the stairs you will encounter a Kimono Bird.
- Defeat it quickly and head over to the West, where another Kimono Bird awaits.
- Go through the opening sitting in the Northern wall in the Western portion.
- This will lead into a large room with numerous barrier mushrooms inside it.
- It is time for the boss fight with Great Viper.
- The Great Viper will slither onto the battlefield from the trees ringing the arena.
- This is a very fast foe who will constantly be moving around the arena.
- If this Snake hits a party member with its bite attack, they will be Pygmized.
- These characters need to be especially careful since the Great Viper can eat them, doing massive damage in the process.
- Use Remedy and Medical Herbs on anyone who gets Pygmized during the fight immediately.
- Any time the Great Viper is in the middle of the arena, it will be easy to hit with your weapons.
- Otherwise, take aim on it with your Sylphid magic to do heavy damage.
- Avoid standing in the way of the snake as it moves around the area.
Saving the baby white dragon
- Head to the North after the fight and into the final section of the cave.
- Go over to the East and then South.
- Use your Stout Axe to break through the Stalagmites on the ground blocking your path.
- Continue along the path to the South and follow its bend to the North.
- Through the next doorway is a large, sunlit chamber.
- Approach and interact the small dragon in the middle of the room to complete this part of the story.
The Kakkara Desert
The Cave of the White Dragon Video Walkthrough