Entering the Forest
- With Watts's Axe in hand, head on up the stairs that Watts just revealed.
- At the top of the stairs you will find Neko who will offer to save your game
- Fight your way through the circles around Gaia's Navel.
- Go to the North from the stairs leading to the next screen.
- Here, you will find an old man and, with him, 4 Lullabuds.
- While there are flowers in your way, you can either go around them or cut them down using the Sword or Axe.
- Go to the North and through the teleporting mists to be taken to the Haunted Forest.
- Through the teleporter, you will need to deal with a Chobin Hood who is surrounded by thorns.
- There are some plants that can be cut down at the top of the thorns.
- A second Chobin Hood can be found to the right, but easily ignored.
- Go up the stairs above you.
- To the right, is a pair of Chobin Hoods.
- You can only hit these, initially, with either the Boomerang or Bow.
- You can head above the wall and over to the right.
- This will lead to encounter another Chobin Hood surrounded by cuttable plants.
- Slice through the plants to easily reach this enemy and defeat them.
- Next is another walled off pair of Chobin Hoods on your right.
- Fight them from where you are to avoid having to deal with more Chobin Hoods at once.
- Defeat these then head down and over to the right.
- There is another pair of Chobin Hoods you will need top deal with.
- Cut through the plants after you deal with the Chobin Hoods to reach Neko.
- The traveling cat merchant has the same inventory as always, but he will also offer to save your game, take this option.
- Head over to the right and up the stairs there.
- At the top of the stairs, go over to the left.
- Be wary of the Chobin Hood who is behind the plants.
- Continue over to the left and step on the glyph.
- Stepping on the glyph will take you to an arena where you will find Primm being attacked by 2 Werewolves.
- These Lv. 9 Werewolves can be a bit of a tough fight.
- Be sure to watch both Randi's and Popoi's health during it.
- Popoi is best off with a ranged weapon like the Bow or Boomerang for this fight, since Werewolves excel at melee combat.
- /Have both party members attacking the same werewolf to make the fight a little easier as well.
- Take your time and use your charge attacks to do heavy damage and end the fight quickly.
- When you complete the fight, approach and talk with Primm to have her join your party and you will get the Spiked Knuckle Gloves weapon.
- The party will automatically advance to the second area of the Haunted Forest.
Reaching the Witch's Castle
- Immediately in front of you is a Mushboom that you will need to deal with.
- Over to the right is a Blat, head that direction.
- Take the stairs down on the right to the lower portion of this forest.
- Be careful on the stairs because there is a Chobin Hood on a small ledge to the left.
- While they can be hit with melee weapons, the Boomerang or Bow are the easiest to use here.
- At the bottom of the stairs head down and to the left.
- There is another Chobin Hood that you will need to deal with.
- Cut down the plants in your way and continue to the left and down.
- You will encounter another Blat to fight or run past.
- This will also lead you to another glowing glyph on the ground.
- Go over and step on the glyph to be teleported.
- This will bring you to a small area of the third section where you need to deal with an Eye Stalk guarding another glyph.
- Defeat the Eye Stalk to get at the glyph on the ground.
- Touching the glyph will rise a stone platform into position, allowing access into the final section of the Haunted Forest.
- Return to the previous glyph to get back to the second area of the Haunted Forest.
- Head back, going up and to the right, taking the stairs up to the higher section of this area.
- Go over to the left this time, past the glyph you entered the area with, and to the totems blocking your way.
- Equip any character with the Axe and have them swing it at the totems.
- The totems will break, clearing the way to the stairs down in front of you.
- At the base of the stairs is another Blat and some plants blocking the way to the next glyph.
- Cut through the plants and step onto the gylph to advance to the final area before the castle.
- Go over to the right, across the platform you raised and down the stairs.
- Head over to the right and then start upwards.
- As you do this, there will be some Mushbooms, a Blat, and a Chobin Hood.
- When you get toward the top of the area, there will be a Buzz Bee and another Chobin Hood.
- Just head over to the left, the path above you is unavailable until you get the whip.
- Go up the stairs off this left-hand path to reach the glyph that will take you to the final section of the Haunted Forest.
- Head to the right, and go down the stairs.
- Continue upwards after that and fight the Blat there.
- Go through the wide opening in the leaves upwards to press on forward.
- Turn to the left and confront the Chobin Hood there.
- Cut through the dead plants to the left to continue forward most directly.
- Be wary of the 2 Blats on the other side of the plants, likely above you.
- Head down and to the left , follow the path.
- You will come to a thorn wall on the left where there is another Chobin Hood.
- This one is truly encircled by the thorns, so ranged weapons are most effective.
- Go down and around this encircled Chobin Hood and start upwards on the far side.
- Another Chobin Hood awaits your party as you head upwards.
- Defeat them and go on up the stairs North of you.
- This leads to a glyph that will take you to the Witch's Castle.
- Take time to level up Popoi and get their weapon skills to Level 1 with the Boomerang, Chobin's Bow.
- Once you recruit Primm, return to Gaia's Navel to level her up to around 5.
- Around lv. 5, return to the Haunted Forest and get Primm to Lv. 7-8.