- 1 Description
- 2 Collectibles
- 3 Walkthrough
- 3.1 Exploring the Pure Land
- 3.2 The Dragon Worm
- 3.3 Getting to the second boss
- 3.4 Fighting the Snow Dragon
- 3.5 Reaching the Caves
- 3.6 Fighting Axe Beak
- 3.7 Finding the Red Dragon
- 3.8 Fighting the Red Dragon
- 3.9 Seeking the Mana Tree
- 3.10 Fighting the Thunder Gigas
- 3.11 Reaching the final Dragon
- 3.12 Fighting the Blue Dragon
- 3.13 The Mana Tree
- 4 Next Quest
- 5 Video Walkthrough
"The party reaches the Pure Land and hears a kind voice guiding them deeper into the realm."
There are multiple armor pieces here that are Rare Drops that are easy to miss:
Exploring the Pure Land
- You will land in a deep forest when you touch down in the Pure Lands.
- Immediately in front of you is a Needlion and a Griffin Hand.
- Fight through them and head to the North.
- This forested section has 3 Griffin Hands.
- There are 2 paths here, one going to the Northwest and one going to the Northeast.
- Going to the Northwest, you will transition into another room.
- Here, you will encounter 2 Mushglooms.
- Continue to the North into the next room.
- In here you will find a Griffin Hand, Needlion, and a Mushgloom.
- Defeat all these foes and leave through the Northwest.
- In this clearing, go over to the East.
- You will once again encounter a trio of Griffin Hand, Mushgloom, and Needlion.
- Turn to the North when you enter the next clearing.
- You will immediately encounter a pair of Griffin Hands, and a Ice Bandit.
- There are more scattered throughout the area, but you want to just head to the North and through into the cave entrance.
- This will lead you into combat against the Dragon Worm.
The Dragon Worm
- The Dragon Worm will now attack the party.
- Cast Thunder Saber on your weapons to do increased damage against.
- Use Air Blast to do heavy damage against the Worm.
- The Worm will be slithering from one side to the next, attacking the party as it does.
- It has a Petrification Gas, turning the target into Stone.
- It will move through the center of the area frequently, allowing the party time to attack it.
- Use Popoi's Sylphid magic to do heavy damage to it frequently.
- Keep on the move to avoid getting charged by it or falling vicitim to its bite attack.
Getting to the second boss
- Heading to the North, you will encounter a Griffin Hand and Needlion in the first room beyond the Dragon Worm.
- Expect a Mushgloom over to the East as you start making your way Northward.
- If you want to farm Ghosts, head over to the East.
- In this clearing, you will find 3 Ghosts that are easily defeated with a Lucent Beam.
- Go back to the West after that, to the clearing above where you fought the Dragon Worm.
- Fight through them and head to the North.
- In this next clearing, you will find a staircase leading up to a large archway.
- Going up the stairs and through the archway will have you hear that gentle voice and give you the option to save your game.
- After that, head over to the West and into the next clearing.
- Make your way to the Northwestern exit, fighting through the Griffin Hands and the Needlion.
- Pass through to the next clearing to encounter the Snow Dragon.
Fighting the Snow Dragon
- In this fairly large clearing, you will encounter the second boss, the Snow Dragon.
- It can cast Balloon Ring, hitting a few nearby party members with Balloon
- It can cast Breath Wing, knocking away any party members nearby its dangling tail.
- It can cast Freeze Breath, Snowmanning anyone nearby the dragon if the attack hits.
- The Dragon can be hit on its dangling tail when it is hovering.
- It is weak to Salamando.
- Use the Dragon Lance with Randi, or equip the party with the ranged weapons: Bow, Javelin, or the Boomerang.
- Cast Flame Saber on your weapons to up what damage they can do.
- It is recommended to focus more on using Magic because of the small target the dragon presents to weapons.
- If you use the Bow or Javelin, they will automatically aim upwards toward the main body of the dragon.
- The dragon is very mobile throughout the fight, so keep on the move to keep up with it.
- Defeating the Dragon will grant you a Bow Orb.
Reaching the Caves
- Exit where you fought the Snow Dragon to the South.
- Make your way back to the archway and walk through them again to continue forward.
- This will lead you into a clearing with 3 Griffin Hands that will immediately move in and start attacking you.
- Defeat them and head to the North, into the next clearing.
- This one has Griffin Hand, and 2 Mushglooms you will want to fight through.
- Defeating 1 of the Mushglooms will cause a Eggplant Man to appear in this small area.
- Go over to the East and into the cave entrance that is accessible in the cliff-face.
- The first chamber of the cave have a few Ice Bandits and a Ghost.
- Go over to the West, taking the Southern Stairs out of this room.
- Head over to the East and then make your way to the Norther end of the chamber.
- Along the way you will be fighting through a few Ice Bandits, making it a good farming spot, since there is only 1 Needlion and 1 Eggplant Man helping them.
- Go through the cave opening in the Northern wall to find the next boss you need to fight.
- Inside this cave, you will be facing Axe Beak, who will be jumping around.
- Axe Beak is weak to Undine magic.
- It can cast Fireball and Fire Bouquet.
- It also has the abilities: Sonic Pulse, doing low damage, and Sleep Gas, knocking out those affected.
- Axe Beak is a fairly mobile foe, moving around a lot.
- It will jump onto the platforms in the upper left, upper right, and jump down to the lower area where you started.
- This make it difficult to hit with melee weapons, which should like get Ice Saber cast on them.
- Favor magic once again, using your weapons as best you can.
Finding the Red Dragon
- Having defeated Axe Beak, go over to the stairs that appeared in the Northwestern portion of the room.
- This leads to the exit chamber. You will encounter 2 Needlions and a Eggplant Man.
- Just head out through the Southern door.
- The party is back outside now, with a Ghost and 2 Griffin Hands.
- Equip the Sword to cut through the grass blocking your way to the Northern passage.
- this will lead to another stairway up to a stone archway.
- Once again, you can go into it to save your game.
- To move forward, head to the West and to the next screen.
- You will immediately encounter a Needlion, Eggplant Man, and Mushgloom
- Go into the cave entrance to the North.
- This will bring you into the cave of the Red Dragon.
Fighting the Red Dragon
- Inside this cave, you are confronted by another boss.
- This Dragon can cast Exploder, Fireball
- It has the abilities: Breath Wing (Short range damage burst around tail), Sleep Ring (Knocks out those affected).
- Just like the Snow Dragon, this one is fairly mobile,
- Only the tip of its dangling tail can be hit with short range melee weapons.
- Using the Bow or Javelin will have the party member attack upwards.
- Favor using Undine Magic to do heavy damage to it
- It has a greater range to hit the dragon since it targets the body.
- Defeating this dragon will get you a Glove Orb.
Seeking the Mana Tree
- Head out of the cave and go over to the East.
- Return to the stairway and follow it up to the Stone Archway.
- Pass through the stone archway to move to the next section.
- Head to the North, fighting through the 2 Ice Bandits and 1 Ghost.
- Leave to the Northwest, up the slope.
- This clearing has a Griffin Hand, Mushgloom, and Needlion.
- Continue to the East and into the next clearing.
- Head to the East, then around to the West.
- In this clearing, you will find Griffin Hand, Mushgloom, Eggplant Man, and Ghost.
- Fight your way to over to the exit.
- Go to the West, fighting the 3 Needlion.
- Continue on to the Northeast to press forward.
- There, you will find a cross-roads with 4 passages: running to the North, South, East, and West.
- To move forward, head to the North and into the next clearing.
Fighting the Thunder Gigas
- In this clearing, you will be confronted by the Thunder Gigas.
- The Thunder Gigas will frequently turn into a mist of electricity.
- While like this, you cannot hurt them with your attacks.
- It can also cast Thunder Saber on the party, causing them to heal the Gigas.
- If you have had Thunder Saber on your party, have Primm cast Stone Saber on your party.
- Be careful since it can also cast Silence on your party.
Reaching the final Dragon
- Having defeated the Thunder Giagas, head to the Northern exit.
- Head to the North, fighting the Ghost and Ice Bandit.
- Following the trail upwards to fight another Ice Bandit and Ghost.
- Make your way to the Northeastern corner and head out of the clearing.
- This leads to the next archway, saying you must defeat the dragon to the left.
- Go through the archway to have a chance to save your game.
- Head over to the West from the archway to continue forward.
- In this clearing, you will encounter a Needlion, Griffin Hand, and Eggplant Man.
- Head to the North to encounter the final dragon of this area, the Blue Dragon.
Fighting the Blue Dragon
- This is the last and toughest Dragon in this area, the Blue Dragon.
- This Dragon is weak to Gnome.
- Use Stone Saber on your weapons and be sure to equip the Javelin and Bow.
- Attack the tail as much as possible with Randi and Primm.
- Have Popoi use Gem Missile or Earth Slide.
- Keep on the move, but press in on the Blue Dragon as much as possible.
The Mana Tree
- With the final dragon defeated, it is time to head over to the Stone Archway
- Head to the South, off the castle where you fought the Blue Dragon.
- In the next clearing, go over to the East and back to the clearing with the Stone Archway.
- This will bring you to where the the party will find the Mana Tree.