In Kakkara Desert, the party is picked up by a sandship of the republic; however, the guards fear they are spies. Randi and his friends need to find a way to get away from their captors.
- Once onboard the ship, it is made apparent that the crew members think Randi and friends are Imperial Spies.
- Randi is taken to the engine room where the gameplay resumes.
- Head over to the person wandering around in the top portion of this area.
- This is Sergo, talk with him.
- From there, run to the Southern part of the room and talk with the pair of guards in front of the stairs.
- Return to the top part of the room and talk with Sergo again.
- He will tell you he will create a distraction, just go back to the guards by the stairs and talk with them again.
- Do this and Sergo will call out there is a fire!
- The guards will finally start moving, possibly out of the way, and let you go up the stairs onto the deck of the Sand Ship.
- On the deck of the ship, you will need to find both Popoi and Primm.
- To find Popoi, you will need to head over to the left and South.
- Take the first set of stairs on this left-hand side of the ship and then start making your way down South.
- Make your way over to the right-hand side of the ship.
- Go down the stairs toward the Northern portion.
- Down the stairs, head over to the left and down to reach the next hallway.
- Go over to the right and through the door with the green light on it.
- Inside you will encounter Popoi who has eaten all the stored food here.
- The soldiers will tell you to take your friend away from here.
- Leave the room and head back onto the main deck of the Sand Ship to the start your search for Primm who is nearby.
- Head to the South on this level of the deck.
- In the Southern portion, you will find a Door with a Green Light on it.
- Go into this door.
- If you want to save, go up the stairs on the left and talk with the person manning the steering wheel for the Sandship.
- To get Primm, head over to the Right and up.
- Talk with the guards in front of the double-doors with Popoi in your party and they will go to investigate the "rats".
- After they leave, go through the doors and into the next room.
- You will find Primm being ordered around by Commander Morie.
- She does not take well to it and will not do what he is asking.
- Eventually, Admiral Meria will come in and tell Morie to stop complaining.
- This is, of course, when the Empire attacks!
- You are taken outside, onto the deck of the ship once again.
- You can talk with the soldiers in magenta and gold, but you want to go to the front of the ship and talk with Geshtar.
- He will remark that he had been told about your group and then sends you into battle against the Mech Rider.
Fighting Mech Rider
- After the short talk with Geshtar, you will encounter the first Mech Rider, a boss who will be showing up a few times.
- This is a very fast opponent who moves around the area a lot.
- It is very important to know that Mech Rider is very vulnerable to Sylphid.
- Have Primm use Thunder Saber on the weapons as soon as you can.
- It is a large arena too, so try to keep track of where the Mech Rider has gone.
- It will also periodically cast Speed Up, Lv. 3 on itself.
- Target it with Slow Down to lower its hit and evasion back to normal.
- During these spell casting times, move in and attacking them.
- It will zoom around, attempting to ramp your characters at any point it can.
- Its other main attack is to launch missiles at the party members. These can knock characters unconscious.
- These can be dodged by moving around.
- Take your time moving around and attacking every chance you can.
- Use your Cure Water when members are getting low on health.
- Defeating the Mech Rider will give you a Whip Orb.
Leaving the Ship
- With everything done, you can talk with numerous parts of the crew from the Sand Ship.
- Have a quick chat with Sergo, Commander Morie, and Admiral Meria.
- Talk with one of the soldiers in the Southeastern area to leave the ship area.