Botnet Resources are used to perform hacks in Watch Dogs 2.
The BotNet meter shows up on the bottom right of your screen and is divided into small segments, indicating how many BotNets you have available.
Note the color of the Botnet squares:
- Blue: Available for use immediately
- Red: Regenerating
- White: Currently not available
You start off with four Botnet segments and you can increase your capacity with the Research App.
Different hacks have different Botnet requirements, for example a simple disabling of a pedestrian's phone might require 2 botnet resources, while a mass hack may require 6 botnet resources. If you don't have enough resources, you cannot perform that hack.
- Botnet Resources regenerate over time.
- You can hack certain civilians to drain their phone's Botnet Resources.
- Unlock more Botnet capacity in the ./Research app.