Fallen Transponder is a quest in Destiny 2: Season of the Drifter.
A Fallen global positioning transponder, jury-rigged for operation in human hands. Its encrypted interface seems to require locational data. Beyond that, your Ghost can find nothing remarkable about this device except a brief plaintext message embedded in its header files.
Getting the Transponder
- Complete the main campaign of Destiny 2.
- Complete the Rat King quest until you reach Enemy of My Enemy.
- Travel to the Rig on Titan and from there, go to the Tidal Anchor in exploration (or in the story mission Bad Neighbors
- Proceed through the areas until you reach the second hallway with Hive it.
- In Exploration, you will encounter a Wizard while during Bad Neighbors, you will encounter a Shrieker.
- Either clear the room or just run through to the far end.
- This brings you into a chamber with 2 hatches, the one on the left from where you enter is where you want to go.
- Interacting with this door will show it is unlocked.
- With the door open, go inside it.
- Head over to the left, and take the stairs down into the control room.
- From there, head to the middle section of this room.
- Move over to the right-hand side and look along the far edge of the consoles to find a PDA sitting there.
- Claim this PDA to get the Fallen Transponder.
- The nodes you will be looking for are spread between Earth and Nessus.
- They can be found in 4 Lost Sectors in the EDZ and 2 on Nessus.
- EDZ Lost Sectors: The Drain, Whispered Falls, The Atrium, and Widow's Walk.
- Nessus Lost Sectors: The Rift, and The Carrion Pit
- Visiting each of these Lost Sectors, you will need to find the nodes in particular locations.
Node 1 - The Drain
- From Trostland, travel over to the Outskirts and make your way to the entrance of the Drain.
- Once inside the Drain, continue forward by going through the open doorway.
- Run through the hallway and in to the next room.
- Take out the Dregs in the room and go through the doorways to the left.
- Head for the ledge in front of you and jump down into the lower area.
- Turn to the left and climb onto the platform.
- Go to the middle where you can find the Node.
Node 2 - Whispered Falls
- Head to the Outskirts and head to the entrance of the Whispered Falls.
- Go through the entrance and take the first drop into the pool of water below.
- In the water, head over to the right and into the small cave.
- Inside the cave, you can find the node sitting in the water by the stone arch.
Node 3 - Atrium
- Travel to the Trostland and head into the church.
- Go toward the front entrance and make your way into the entrance of the Atrium.
- Inside the Atrium itself, start going over to the left, through the doorway.
- Through the door, continue over to the left, going through the doorway you can see there.
- Head to the back section of this small room behind the small wall.
- On the floor you can find the node.
Node 4 - Widow's Walk
- Travel to the Trostland in the EDZ.
- Go into Widow's Walk and make your way into the Lost Section.
- Head to the back of the Lost Sector, heading to the chest in the back.
- Look to the remains of the floor above the chest.
- Jump up onto this floor and look over it to find the node.
Node 5 - The Rift
- Travel to Exodus Black on Nessus.
- Go into the Rift and fight on through the Fallen.
- Head into the massive cavern and go over to the left.
- Climb up onto the rock pillar to the left inside this room.
- Use that to jump across to the ledge across the gap.
- Go past the remains of the pillar on this elevated ledge and look into the container next to it.
- Jump onto the container and go to the open end over the pit.
- Drop (and jump) into the container.
- Inside here you will find the node.
Node 6 - The Carrion Pit
- From the Exodus Black, head to the South, into the Glade of Echoes.
- Go into the middle of the area and into the Carrion Pit.
- Head on through the first portion until you emerge from below the overhanging floor.
- Once out from under the floor, turn around and jump up onto it.
- Go to the end of the floor, along the back-right.
- Jump around the section of wall here to get to the area behind it.
- On this semi-hidden section, head to the back left to find the node.