Haunted Forest during the Festival of the Lost.
The Haunted Forest is a special version of the Infinite Forest. Fireteams of Guardians, many wearing masks, will be able to enter this area.
- 15 minute time limit
- Each successive wave will increase in difficulty.
Clearing the Haunted Forest
- Respawning will set that Fire team member back at the start of the Haunted Forest Branch
- While in the staging area, your timer will not decrease.
- This can be used for a break or to simply wait for a Super or two to fully charge.
- Each wave has 2 parts, the arena sections and then the boss fight.
- Each arena section requires that the fire team clear the area of enemies.
- Each boss will increase in difficulty the deeper you get.
- Each enemy is worth about 2% progress, meaning at least 50 enemies need to be killed in each branch for the fireteam to progress.
- Be sure that you are taking it in turns to use your supers throughout the encounter.
- There will be Invincible Nightmares scattered throughout the arenas.
- DO NOT try to kill these, just run away.
- Avoid these since they are immune and do heavy damage.
- Roaming supers are highly recommended for this event.
- There are a lot of enemies that need to be defeat quickly to ensure the best progression throughout.
- Revive your fire team members!
Modifiers will be cycling throughout the Haunted Forest.
- Every 5 levels, an additional modifier can come into play.
- Blackout - Radar is disabled, melee attacks are buffed.
- Glass - Shields are at half strength but regenerate twice as fast.
- Attrition - Health does not regenerate. You must kill enemies and collect the small pool of Light they occasionally drop to restore health.
- Grounded - Take more damage while airborne.
- Starting an instance of the Haunted Forest will give you 15 minutes to get as deep in as you can.
- When the timer runs out, your fireteam has a chance to go through the branch they are on, as long as the fireteam does not all die.
- This will allow the Fireteam to complete the branch they are on, taking down the boss before taking you to the Treasure Room.