Take alternate route is an objective in the Story Mission, Footsteps of Giants in Borderlands 3
- Turn back to the West and head into the Maliwan camp.
- From there, make your way to the Northwestern bridge in this area and begin heading along this path.
- Drop over the ledge and head toward the Cave to the North.
- You will encounter: Mantas, Korax, and Vandas in the forested area and in the cave.
- You can also easily run out to the West, jump off the ledge and then turn to the North to find a nearby Catch-A-Ride.
- Keep along the Eastern side and boost up along the up-slope here.
- Get out of your vehicle where the path narrows as you head to the North to continue forward.
- Once again, tendrils will block your path forward.
- Melee them to clear the way forward.
- On this next trail, you will encounter a large number of Guardians: Heralds, and Spectres.