This page has the walkthrough/solution to the A Major Test of Strength Saas Ko'sah Puzzle.
Saas Ko'sah Shrine
- Lightning Weapons, and especially Shock Arrows can be used to great effect against this Guardian Scout. They can stun the Scout for several seconds and now can be fired into the water nearby the Scout to induce a similar effect.
- You will be facing a Guardian Scout IV armed with a Guardian Sword++, Guardian Spear++ and an Ancient Battle Axe++.
- This Guardian can strafe fire small eye blasts at Link. A high enough defense shield can protect against them.
- During the first three phases, the Guardian Scout can be stunned by Electrical attacks.
- Watch each of the weapons carefully for their very clear wind-up attacks.
- The Guardian Scout will leap back at points and hold its weapons horizontally.
- Instead of pillars, this combat chamber has Metal Blocks on tracks in the floor.
- Link can use Magnesis on any of them to lift it up and block the incoming attack, stunning the Guardian Scout.
- When the Guardian Scout is reduced to less than 50% health, it will move away from Link and start emitting a blue beam from its eye in a wide circle.
- When the Scout has taken 75% damage, then it will start using its 4 Shot Volley attacks.
- It will glow blue and emit a blue aura from itself.
- When the aura coalesces around the head of the Scout, the beam will fire.
- If Link is close to the Scout, he can strafe around it and avoid all the damage.
- Defeat the Scout to clear the room and have the gate rise in the back, allowing access to the Monk's Chamber.
- In front of the Monk, you will find a chest with a Flameblade.
- Climb the stairs and interact with the Monk Saas Ko'sah.
- Be mindful that you stay close to the Metal Blocks during the first parts of the fight to ensure you have protection against the Guardian Scout.
- The Metal Blocks can take all of the Charged Volley Shots without breaking.