This page has the walkthrough/solution to the A Minor Test of Strength Puzzle.
Dah Kaso Shrine
- Go into the main chamber.
- You will encounter a single Spear Guardian.
- Be wary of its incoming attacks. The first part of the attack has it stabbing and performing a spin attack.
- After its spin attack, it will be stunned for a short while if you lure it into hitting one of the many pillars around the arena.
- If it is stationary and draws light to a point, start and keep moving. It is about to fire a deadly laser.
- Before it uses its Guardian Spear, it will pull it to one side and start rotating it. After a few seconds, it will stab with the spear. This is a great time to go for a Perfect Dodge.
- When reduced to half health, it will become less mobile. It's attacks change a bit.
- It will have a laser attack which creates an area of updraft around it. You can use the Paraglider to lift Link up. You can then aim using your bow for the slow-time effect. Aim for the eye of the Guardian. You can also stand outside the updraft area and fire Bomb Arrows in.
- You can also throw in Remote Bombs to damage it.
- It has a charging attack, coming at you with its Guardian Spear.
- At 3/4ths or lower, it will now be stationary but it will then be charging its beam repeatedly. It will fire them in volleys of 4.
- Defeating the guardian will open the door at the far end of the room.
- The chest through the door has an Ancient Core.
- Continue up the stairs to reach Monk Dah Kaso
- Careful dodging is very important.