This page has the walkthrough/solution to the A Modest Test of Strength Shoqa Tatone Puzzle.
Shoqa Tatone Shrine
- Enter this shrine, equip to fight a Guardian Scout III and approach the middle of the large room.
- This will trigger the fight against the Guardian Scout.
- The Guardian Scout is armed with a Guardian Spear+ and a Guardian Shield+
- The Guardian Shield can be knocked back after 2 hits to it, allowing for an opening to move in and attack before the Guardian does.
- The Spear has a distinct wind-up animation before its attack, watch for it when you have Link move in for damage.
- During the first 2 phases of the fight, Lighting Weapons and Shock Arrows can be used to stun the Guardian. They have no effect on the Guardian during the final phase of the fight.
- Always try to dodge at the last moment to have Flurry Rush and inflict heavy damage on the Guardian Scout.
- If Link remains close to the Guardian Scout for a long period, it will perform a quick strafing fire of beams at him.
- During the first phase of the fight against the Guardian Scout, watch for when the Scout leaps away from Link and holds its weapons parallel to the ground.
- Move Link behind the closest Pillar and wait for the Guardian Scout to start spinning its weapon and bullrush Link.
- If the Guardian Scout slams into the pillar, it will be stunned for several seconds. Have Link rush in and attack it ferociously.
- When reduced to 50% health, the Guardian Scout will start using a new attack.
- The Guardian Scout will leap back and retract its weapon and shield into its body, change colors and start rotating its head emitting a continuous laser beam.
- This will create an area of updraft around the Guardian Scout.
- Link can rush into the area, jump and use the Paraglider and then fire arrows at it from the air at the Guardian Scout.
- Link can also stay outside the Updraft area and pelt the Guardian Scout with arrows.
- When reduced to 25% remain health or less, the Guardian Scout will once again retract its weapon and shield into its body to use its final attack.
- This final attack is a charged Volley of Laser blasts that hits for high damage.
- The charge animation has a large blue aura emanate from the Guardian Scout which coalesces on its eye before it start attack
- The charge takes a short while in which Link can easily move in and start attack the Guardian Scout.
- When it does start attacking you will want Link next to the Guardian Scout to give him the easiest time to dodge the attack. Simply strafe (or leap while locked onto the Guardian Scout) to avoid all of the attacks. Do not stop until the attack does.
- Once the Guardian Scout is defeated the gate in the back will open up, revealing the way to the Monk and the Chest of the Shrine.
- Open the chest in front of the Monk to claim the Royal Broadsword inside it.
- Climb the stairs and interact with the Monk Shoqa Tatone.
- Bring Shock Arrows or Lightning Weapons to make the fight against the Guardian Scout a little easier with the additional stuns you can add in.
- You only need to hit the Guardian Scout once with a Lighting Weapon or attack or stun it, immediately switch to another weapon after you have stunned it to save its durability.