Calamity Ganon is the main villain (antagonist) in the game, and Link has to defeat him.
One hundred years ago, Calamity Ganon brought the kingdom of Hyrule to ruin. It appeared suddenly and destroyed everything in its path. So many innocent lives were lost in its wake. For a century, the very symbol of our kingdom, Hyrule Castle, has managed to contain that evil. But just barely. There it festers, building its strength for the moment it will unleash its blight upon the land once again. It would appear that moment is fast approaching...
Scourge of Hyrule Castle
The source of the darkness that has appeared time and again throughout Hyrule's history. It's been called many names, from "Great King of Evil" to "Calamity." Hiberanting within a cocoon, it attempted to regenerate a physical form after Link awoke but was forced to confront him in an incomplete state.
Fighting Calamity Ganon - Scourge of Hyrule Castle
- The Master Sword is the only weapon, presently, that can be against this form of Ganon with no chance of it breaking.
- Scourge of Hyrule Castle, Calamity Ganon is vulnerable on his head.
- It will attack with the various weapons from its body, the Red Guardian Axe, Guardian Spear, Guardian Sword and its Guardian's Beam.
- A horizontal swipe from the red axe on Ganon's left will cause a number of flame rifts to lance out.
- Calamity will raise its torso and perform a slam attack with it. It creates a large area burst with a glyph underneath it.
- Ganon will attack with the bladed claws of its tail.
- It can also attack with the shears on its fore right arm or the spear just behind it. These can be dodged
- When reduced to 60-70%% health, Ganon will begin climbing on the walls.
- On the walls it will largely use its Guardian Eye to attack. Use a Parry to deflect the beam back at Ganon to bring it down to ground level once again, with its slam attack.
- Shooting arrows into Ganon will also bring him back to ground level with its slam attack.
- When reduced to 75%, Ganon will begin to use a red shield around himself.
- This can only be broken by parrying a Guardian Beam back at Ganon.
- Around this portion of the fight, Ganon will start to use a chop attack with its red axe.
- This Axe chop looses a chop into the ground, it will loose a line attack of fire. This fire does create an updraft.
- Calamity Ganon, while on the wall can create an orb of fire.
- This Orb will seek out Link and explode on him.
- The orb can be detonated prematurely if Link hits it with an arrow of any kind.
- While on the walls it can also first bursts from the Guardian Eye.
- These short bursts can also be parried and take down Ganon's Shield.
- Whenever stunned by an attack, Ganon will fall to the ground and Link will be able to rush him and attack his head.
- When Ganon recovers from this stun, move back quickly to avoid damage from the shield forming around him that will shove Link back as well.
- The timing for the parry seems to be just as the Guardian Eye is firing.
- When stunned, attack him. It will take many times to inflict enough damage.
- Ganon will howl and then fly out of the chamber you were fighting him in.
Hatred and Malice Incarnate
After Ganon was defeated by Link, the remaining Malice pulled itself together to form this bestial creature. Its appearance and fiendish magic earned it the name of Dark Beast. This form is considered to be Ganon's original, although in this state, his awareness has been consumed entirely by Malice, and all he knows is a desire to rampage and destroy.
Fighting Calamity Ganon - Hatred and Malice Incarnate
- At the beginning of this portion of the fight, Princess Zelda will bestow Link with the Bow of Light to use in this final battle.
- This is the final form of Calamity Ganon in Loz: Breath of the Wild.
- Mount onto your horse and ride forward to collect the Bow of Light, this weapon is crucial for the final battle.
- Zelda will direct Link to look for the glyphs she will project onto Calamity Ganon.
- Riding the horse will allow Link to easily move around the Dark Beast Ganon to attack its flanks and belly.
- Dark Beast Ganon will mostly attack with a powerful beam attack for its mouth. This will create a massive updraft where the beam passes.
- To damage Ganon, you must wait for Zelda to cause glyphs to appear on Ganon.
- Aim and fire the Bow of Light at the glyphs to inflict damage on Ganon.
- They will appear on one side of Ganon and then the other.
- After the 6 glyphs on the sides have been hit, one will appear on Ganon's belly.
- With all those points hit, move to the front of Dark Beast Ganon.
- Wait for Ganon to loose his beam attack. Ride toward the resulting flames and use the Bow of Light while airborne land a hit on the glyph that appears on his forehead.
- Attempting to fire at the eye that emerges from his forehead while on horseback will have it block the attack.
- One shot on the eye will finish the battle.