Link can cook in the game The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
To start cooking, you must have a:
- Lit fire under a Cooking Pot
- Cooking Ingredients
- Light fire underneath cooking pot using a Torch or other item that has fire.
A Cooking Pot can be found in camps throughout the world. Open your Sheikah Slate and locate on the map the nearest camp where you can cook. This will be signified with a sauce pan icon. For example, in the screenshot below, there is a Cooking Pot in the eastern part of the Forest of Spirits in Central Hyrule.
- Open your inventory
- Select up to 5 Cooking Ingredients to hold
- Place them in the Cooking Pot
- Enjoy your meal!
- Experiment with different Cooking Ingredients to discover recipes.
- Some recipes are simple. For example, Baked Apple has only 1 ingredient, which you may have guessed correctly to be an apple.
- For a full list of recipes, go here: ALL RECIPES
Cooked vs Raw
- Many ingredients can be eaten uncooked, but do not provide as strong a bonus as if eaten cooked. For example:
|Apple||+1/2 heart||Baked Apple: +3/4 heart|
|Steak||+1 heart||Seared Steak: +1 1/2|
- Certain Cooking Ingredients have special effects that they provide to the Dish that was cooked with them.