- Make your way to the top level of the Rito Village.
- Talk with Kaneli who will tell you to find and talk with Saki to learn where Teba has gone.
- Go to the East from Kaneli to find the "house" with Saki.
- Talking with her, she will tell you that Teba has gone to the Flight Range.
- Link will get the memory, Revali's Flap before finishing his conversation with Saki.
- If you have access to Sha Warvo Shrine, simply travel there and follow the road nearby it to the North to find the Flight Range.
- Go to the one building there and look to the West, you will see Teba sitting on the landing working on a bow.
- On the Northern side of this coop, you can find a Swallow Bow and 10 arrows.
- Approach Teba. to trigger a cutscene.
- Before he will take Link up to Divine Beast Vah Medoh, Link needs to prove his skill.
- Teba will challenge Link to hit 5 targets in the Flight Range.
- Jump off the landing and take off using the Paraglider.
- While airborne during this trial, you will not need to worry about stamina too much. Whenever you redeploy the paraglider, your stamina will be refreshed.
- Link just needs to break 5 targets while midair within 3 minutes.
- When you succeed at this task, Teba will accept Link's help. He will offer you a chest with a Falcon Bow inside it and give Link Bomb Arrow x20.
- Agree to head off to Divine Beast Vah Medoh with Teba.
- Teba will give you one more chance to prepare before you engage Medoh.
- There are 4 Cannons that help spread the Shield that protects the Divine Beast. Each of them takes about 2 Bomb Arrows to destroy.
- The cannons are found at the ends of each wing, the head and the tail.
- Your stamina will replenish each time you redeploy your Paraglider.
- Make your way carefully around Medoh, destroying each Cannon as you come across them.
On Board Divine Beast Vah Medoh
- With them destroyed, Link will land on Divine Beast Vah Medoh. Revali will greet Link when he lands and activates the Fast Travel Point.
- Revali will show Link where to find the terminal that enables the local map.
- Head forward toward the Malice barrier in front of you.
- On the right-hand side you can see the Eye that controls this barrier. Shoot it down with an arrow.
- Go forward to the updraft in front of you. Use the Paraglider to get some lift and head a bit over to the left.
- Land in the ladder on the left and climb up to the chest there. Inside the chest is an Ancient Core.
- To the left of that chest is another Malice Eye. Destroy it to make things easier later on in this dungeon.
- Turn back toward where the map terminal, but look down and to the left. You will find another chest. If you drop down to that chest, you will find Bomb Arrow x5.
- If you go for the chest, drop down to the bottom level of Divine Beast Vah Medoh.
- Before you drop, look down to find another Malice Eye below the sliding stones and Metal sliders.
- Destroying the Malice Eye will reveal a chest. Inside it you will find a Ancient Shaft.
- To the right, facing the updraft, you will find a Malice Barrier with a mouth. This mouth will spawn Cursed Monsters (Cursed Moblin, Cursed Bokoblin, Cursed Lizalfos).
- Destroy any that spawn in then make your way over to the updraft. Use it to get across the gap and move toward the terminal.
- When you land, you will need to destroy a Guardian Scout armed with a Guardian Spear.
- Defeat the Guardian and continue forward to reach the Map Guidance Stone. Interact with it to gain the map and some control over Divine Beast Vah Medoh. This will reveal the location of the 5 Terminals that Link needs to activate to gain control over the Divine Beast.
- There are 3 terminals in and under the left wing and 2 in the right wing.
- The controls allow Link to have the Divine Beast Tilt up or down, allowing him better access to areas.
- Head over to the right wing first (if you were headed toward the head of Medoh), where you will find a terminal and a chest that requires some effort to reach.
- Tilt Medoh downward for easy access into the wing.
- To solve this puzzle, you will need the Magnesis rune.
- Look toward the far edge of the wing and up to the ceiling. You will see another Malice Barrier. You can easily dispatch this one with an arrow to stop any Cursed enemies from spawning.
- This will also cause a chest to fall with 10 Ice Arrows to fall.
- Once in this room, go over to the Crystal switch you see on the leading edge (left-hand side) of the wing. Go and hit it.
- This will open a window to the left, allowing the wind in to activate a spinner switch to your right.
- Turn to the spinner switch and activate your map. Have Medoh Tilt upwards.
- Use Magnesis to hold the spinner switch in place until a sliding plunger hits a switch.
- You will see the gate in front of a terminal rise. Head into this new chamber and activate the terminal.
- Next, head for the crystal switch once more and look toward the main body of Medoh. On the same side as the terminal, on a raised platform you will see a chest.
- Jump and glide over to it from the crystal switch. Inside it you will find a Knight's Bow.
- The remaining terminal on this side requires access to the underside of the wing, so it will attended to later.
- With Medoh still tilted, glide across to the Left Wing.
- Head toward the far end of the wing and activate the crystal switch. This opens a window and creates a strong draft through the wing.
- There is a Malice barrier on the left-hand side of the wing, guarding a Terminal. The eye sits beyond the Cursed Mouth.
- To reach this terminal, go to the right-hand side (leading edge) of the wing either by gliding or using the ramp.
- Take aim at the Malice Eye and destroy it with an arrow.
- Go to the end of the platform closest to the torso of Medoh.
- Jump and glide over to the terminal to activate it.
- On far end you can see a chest that you can glide to and claim the Soldier's Claymore inside it.
- Drop down to the floor and head over to the right, where you can see an opening.
- Select the Circular Remote Bomb Rune and drop one through the opening.
- Roll the first one forward to the weakened stone and detonate it.
- Drop a second Remote Bomb into the opening and it will roll down the slope and then get blown away from the leading edge of the wing by the wind draft you created earlier.
- When it reaches the back edge of the wing, in front of the next section of weakened stone, detonate it to reveal a giant Metal ball.
- Tilt Medoh so this wing is upwards to roll the Metal Ball over to Link.
- Switch your Rune to Magnesis and grab the Metal Ball with your Sheikah Slate.
- Bring it over to the opening you were rolling the Bombs through and set it down on the track there.
- Tilt Medoh so this wing is downward.
- The Metal Ball will roll into a plunger switch, raising the bars and allowing Link access to the next terminal.
- Go inside this far room and head over to the left to reach the terminal and activate it.
- Level out Medoh and head back into the Torso section.
- Drop down into the lowest section of the torso and head across to the underside of the right wing.
- You will see a gondola on a track and at the far end of that track is a Malice Barrier with an Eye along the top of it.
- Climb into the Gondola and have Medoh tilt its right wing downward for a short while.
- As soon as the Gondola starts moving, level out Medoh. Link is unable to shoot the Eye if the Gondola is next to it.
- This will give Link a clear shot at the Malice Eye to remove the barrier.
- Tilt this right wing downward once the barrier is removed. This will allow Link to reach the chamber the Barrier was blocking.
- Go to the back of the room and up the ramp.
- At the top of the room, look around the room to find the Terminal here and activate it.
- Activating this terminal will raise the gate that previously blocked access to this chamber from the upper portion of the wing.
- Make your way back to the torso portion of Medoh.
- Look across the bottom portion of the torso toward the left wing. You will see a Malice Barrier with a Cursed Mouth.
- Tilt Medoh's left wind downward.
- Glide through the opening just above the barrier.
- Land and turn around to spot the Malice Eye to the right of the door. Destroy it to create a clear passage.
- Look to the far edge of the left wing. You will see an open chamber there.
- With the left wing tilted down, Link can easily glide over into the chamber. Inside there he will find the last Terminal needed to reclaim Medoh.
- Tilt the Wing Link is in upwards so he can glide back to the torso.
- Get back to just outside the torso. Do not go inside, instead, head to the left.
- You will see a Malice Barrier over something.
- Take out the Eye to reveal a fan.
- Use the updraft the fan creates to reach the top of Divine Beast Vah Medoh.
- Level the Divine Beast once Link is on top of it.
- In the center of the Beast's Torso you will find the Main Control Unit. Approach and interact with it to trigger the boss fight of this dungeon.
Fighting Windblight Ganon
- Its head is its vulnerable point.
- You will want to use either a One-handed weapon and a Shield or your Bow throughout most of this fight.
- Take your time with firing off your arrows, especially in the earlier portion of the game.
- Using the Bomb Arrows is a great way to inflict damage on him.
- The Master Sword will be in its powered up state of the whole fight and will not break.
- During the first part of the fight, Windblight Ganon will be moving somewhat slowly, using its teleport to get around.
- Mostly it will sway and do its larger movements by becoming a ball of wind and flying to a different part of the Divine Beast.
- At first Windblight Ganon will attack with its Guardian Arm
- Thankfully, like the Guardians, it has a Charge time before it will fire. It will fire in a volley of 4 blasts.
- Usually it will simply aim and fire a few bursts of energy at Link. These can easily be blocked.
- Aim for its head and hit it either with Arrows or Bomb Arrows.
- If it is low to the ground, you can rush it and attack it with melee weapons as well.
- During the first phase, the other attack Windblight Ganon will use is a Tornado attack.
- Link can safely enter the tornado and use the Paraglider to slow his descent and take aim at Windblight Ganon when it reappears.
- When Windblight Ganon reaching 50% health, it will loose 4 small drones.
- These drones can reflect the shots fired from Windblight Ganon's cannon to better target Link.
- They will also come together and rotate rapidly in front of its gun. They will then be launched at Link with deadly accuracy.
- When low on health, Windblight Ganon will start to use its eye as a Guardian Laser.
- This Guardian Laser can be interrupt with a Bomb Arrow to its face.
- Enough sequential bomb arrows can stun Windblight Ganon and cause it to drop to the ground.
- Defeating the Windblight Ganon will give Link a Heart Container.
Reclaiming the Divine Beast
- Once you activate the main control console you will not be able return to the Divine Beast to claim any remaining chests.
- Link will talk with Revali, be granted Revali's Gale.
- Revali will land and aim Vah Medoh.
- Link will reappear in Rito Village with Revali's Gale.
- Head over to the Elder's hut, going up the stairs to the landing pad and talk with Kaneli in the second hut.
- He will thank you for your efforts and reward you with the Great Eagle Bow.
Kaneli: Ah, a visitor. Welcome to... Oh. OH! That object on your hip... Could it be... Forgive me. Where are my manners? I am Kaneli, elder of Rito Village. Now then... is that not a Sheikah Slate dangling from your hip?
Link: That's right.
Kaneli: Oh, my! So it is true! That means you must be a Champion like Master Revali - one of the few able to board Divine Beast Vah Medoh. No... What am I thinking? The Champions have all been dead for 100 years. This boy must be a mere descendant...an inheritor of the Sheikah Slate. Ah, forgive me... Champion descendant... if you would listen to this old man's request, you would have my eternal gratitude.
Link: I'll listen.
Kaneli: Thank you. Truly. Now that I know you have the blood of a Champion, there is something I must ask of you. How shall I put this... I would like you to deal with Divine Beast Vah Medoh. The giant beast circling above us. Only a chosen one, a Champion, can stop a Divine Beast. You must enter the beat and bend it to your will. I tried explaining this to the more headstrong Rito warriors, but they wouldn't listen to reason. Teba and Harth tried to confront Medoh, but it did not go well, and Harth was injured. teba escaped unscathed, but I fear he now plans to face Medoh alone. As a descendant of the Champions, perhaps you can help us. Please. Find Teba. If you work together, you may be able to stop Divine Beast Vah Medoh
Saki: Forgive my intrusion, but I overheard you speaking with the elder. It sounds like you intend to help my husband, Teba, in the fight against Medoh. But to tell the truth, there is not much I can do for you right now beyond telling you where my husband went.
Link: Where did he go?
Saki: Well... My husband headed to a place called the Flight Range. It's in Dronoc's Pass at the base of the Hebra Mountains. It's a place where Rito warriors prepare for aerial combat. I imagine he's gone there to gather weapons for another run at Medoh. As it happens, he made his way to the Flight Range on foot this time. If you take off from Revali's Landing, it's a straight shot down to the Flight Range. Revali's Landing is a memorial for the Rito Champion, Revali... So named in the hope that none might forget the events of that horrible day...
Revali: Impressive, I know. Very few cab achieve a mastery of the sky. Yet I have made an art of creating an updraft that allows me to soar. It's considered to be quite the masterpiece of aerial techniques, even among the Rito. With proper utilization of my superior skills, I see no reason why we couldn't easily dispense with Ganon. Now then, my ability to explore the firmament is certainly of note... But let's not - pardon me for being so blunt - let's not forget the fact I am the most skilled archer of all the Rito. Yet despite these truths, it seems that I have been tapped to merely assist you. All because you happen to have that little darkness-sealing sword on your back. I mean, it's just ... asinine. Unless... you think you can prove me wrong? Maybe we should just settle this one on one? But where...? Oh, I know! How about up there?! Oh, you must pardon me. I forgot you have no way of making it up to that Divine Beast on your own! Good luck sealing the darkness!
Saki: Descendant! Descendant! Are you all right? My apologies... I fear I have said far too much. If there is anything you do not understand, please do not hesitate to ask.
Teba: Yeah? I don't know you. And I'm actually pretty busy here. You should probably go.
Teba: ... Did you need something? I'm busy here.
Link: I can help you.
Teba: Help me? With what exactly?
Link: Vah Medoh...
Link: I'm Link.
Teba: Link, huh? Well, Link. I'm Teba. But you already knew that. I'm guessing the elder asked you to come here and talk some sense into me. Am I right?
Link: That's right.
Teba: Just like the elder to trust any fool wandering into town. Look - you seem like an all-right guy, but let's make one thing clear: I'm not going anywhere. As a Rito warrior, I can't rest until my people are safe. There's only one way I'm going back to Rito Village.
Link: And that is...
Link: Then let's get started.
Teba: Are you serious? HA! Well, far be it from me to talk you off the ledge. But it's as the elder said: the only way to stop Divine Beast Vah Medoh is to get inside it. Fat chance of that happening. There's nop way we can set foot on Medoh
Teba: So not only are you wingless... you're brainless too. Let me fill you in - the only people able to enter the Divine Beasts are the five Champions of old. And unfortunately for us and the rest of Hyrule, they all died a hundred years ago. If it hadn't been for Ganon... Never mind. Let's focus on bringing down Medoh... one step at a time. If we approach Medoh recklessly, its cannons will blast us out of the sky before we even get close... So I'm going to need to test you before I take you with me. We Rito warriors use the updraft in this ravine to hone our aerial archery skills. The updrafts are so strong here that a person could just open up a cloth over their head and float up easily. Now let's see what you're capable of. You'll have to maneuver through the air and destroy five of the targets set up in this valley in three minutes.
Link: I'm ready.
Teba: Then go destroy five targets with your arrows.
Teba: OK! Come on back! You're .... a skilled archer. It was as if time stopped with every arrow you let fly. I've got to tell you, Link... When you first showed up, I thought someone was pulling a prank on me. But after seeing you handle the bow, I can tell you're the real deal. You must have seen a battle or two.
Link: Hundreds of them.
Teba: I believe it! Link... I feel I've heard the name somewhere before... Well, if you really want to help me bring down Medoh, it's now or never. I'll get you into position so you can give its cannons all you've got. Inside that treasure chest is a bow I've modified. Take it, and let me know when you're ready.
Teba: OK, it's time to face Divine Beast Vah Medoh. Normal arrows won't put a dent in those cannons. You'll need to hit them with bomb arrows. These are precious commodity, so don't expect me to do this again, but... take these Bomb Arrows. Also, it'll be cold up there. You'll want to prepare a warm meal or bring some warm clothes.
Link: I'm ready.
Link: I can't just watch.
Teba: You can't just sit and watch innocent people be terrorized? Then imagine how I feel as a proud Rito warrior... That's fair enough... Right. Get on.
Teba: You'll want to prepare a warm meal or bring some warm clothes. Don't forget Bomb Arrows. You'll need them to destroy Medoh's cannons. Also, it's cold up there. You'll need something to keep warm. If you haven't already, think about some warm clothes from Rito Village. Or cook something to keep yourself warm using that pot over there. Your call. We can go whenever you're ready.
Link: What's the plan?
Teba: I'll draw Medoh's fire. That'll be your chance to destroy its cannons. There are four cannons total. The main body is protected by a barrier, so there's no use attacking it. Just focus on taking out all the cannons. We'll talk next steps once that's done. We can go whenever you're ready.
Teba: All right. It's showtime. Man, even I feel like I'm going to freeze up here! That's Divine Beast Vah Medoh. It has its barrier up again. What a pain... What's wrong, Link? Too scared to talk? Let's go over the plan. You see those cannons? I'll draw their fire. While I'm doing that, use your bomb arrows to destroy the cannons. If you need to withdraw for a bit, just spread your cloth and float straight up in the updraft for a while. I'll take that as a sign that we need to regroup. Don't bother aiming for anything covered by Medoh's barrier. It's impenetrable. And whatever you do, don't get close enough to touch it. And finally - I know I've said this a few times already, but don't forget your cold protection. We can move whenever you're ready!
Link: Let's go.
Teba: All right. Now go blow up those cannons!
Teba: Well done, Link! That thing is history!
Teba: Bad news, Link. It looks like I got hit pretty good back there... I think... I think I need to get back to the Flight Range. I just hope that... I can make it back... You head down to Medoh. Good luck! It's all you!
Revali: Well now, I've seen that face before... I had a feeling you would show up eventually. But making me wait a hundred years is a bit ... indulgent. You're hear to wrest control of Medoh away from Ganon, correct? If so, then the first thing you've want to do is find yourself a map. That Guidance Stone has the information for the layout of this Divine Beast. Can you make it there?
Revali: You'll need to look closely at your map of the Divine Beast. The terminals that will activate Medoh are marked by those glowing points. You'll need to activate all of the terminals to take back control. Think you're up to it?
Revali: There are four terminals remaining! Still a ways to go.
Revali: There are three terminals remaining! Keep going.
Revali: There are two terminals remaining. You're almost there.
Revali: That was the last terminal! Now you just need to start the main control unit! I want you to take a good look at your map. There should be a new glowing point there. Well? Flap to it!
Revali: Good Luck! That thing is one of Ganon's own, and it plays dirty! It defeated me 100 years ago... but only because I was winging it. I can't believe I'm actually saying this... But you must avenge me, Link!
Revali: Well, I'll be plucked... You defeated him, eh? Who would've thought... Well done. I suppose I should tank you now that my spirit is free. This returns Medoh back to its rightful owner! Don't preen yourself just for doing your job. I do suppose you've proven your value as a warrior. A warrior worthy of my unique ability. A sacred skill that I have dubbed Revali's Gale. It's now time to move on and start making preparations for Medoh's strike on Ganon. But only if you think you'll still need my help while you're fighting inside Hyrule Castle. Free feel to thank me now. Oh ... never mind, just go. Your job is far from finished, you know. The princess has been waiting an awful long time.
Revali: Medoh's sights are now set. You'll have a precise bead on Ganon from this vantage point. And when the time is right, give him everything you've got. Now we wait for that perfect moment... Medoh, we've been artfully patient for the last 100 years. I doubt you'll suffer a feather over a few more moments... After all these years, I simply must admit the truth... Even without the power of flight, Link made his way to this Divine Beast... And accomplished something that even I could not... Guess I was wrong about... how lucky would be. I hope that luck holds out, Link... For everyone's sake.
Kaneli: You have done it! And you survived, at that! You conquered Divine Beast Vah Medoh! To think the beast has taken up roost at the top of the village! It looks simply ... divine. If the legends are true, " the light from the Divine Beasts will ravage the Calamity." For now, Divine Beast Vah Medoh will become the protector of this village and live on in legend... alongside you. Hoo hoo hoo... Oh yes! Of course! I must reward you properly! Feel free to take what you find in that treasure chest. You will get more use out of it than I. What you did was miraculous. Though I should expect nothing less of one from the bloodline of a Champion. Why... you are almost the equal of the very Hylian Champion who fought with Master Revali 100 years ago... All you lack is the sword that seals the darkness. If you had the sword that seals the darkness in your possession, you would be the spitting image...
Kaneli, elder of Rito Village, wants you to help a local soldier named Teba. You offered your assistance, but first you must find the soldier.
Teba's wife Saki may know where he is. Ask around Rito Village to gather more information.
You found Saki and asked where Teba went. It sounds like he headed for the Flight Range.
Search the Flight Range for Teba.
You proved your mettle by hitting the targets at the Flight Range.
When it comes time to battle Divine Beast Vah Medoh, Teba will draw the focus of its attacks so you can focus on destroying its cannons.
Teba will carry you into the sky where Divine Beast Medoh awaits.
You destroyed all of Divine Beast Vah Medoh's cannons and landed on its back, but Teba suffered injuries and had to retreat.
You must finish what you both started. Enter Divine Beast Vah Madoh on your own to stop it once and for all.
You defeated Windblight Ganon, which had infested the insides of Divine Beast Vah Medoh.
The Divine Beast has been enshrined at the highest point of Rito Village, and moreover, it looks like Teba was able to safely return to Rito Village.
Go report to Kaneli
You reported to Kaneli that Divine Beast Vah Medoh has regained its senses.