Divine Beast Vah Ruta is a Dungeon found in Lanayru
You activated the devices on Divine Beast Vah Ruta's back, halting its barrage.
Now's your chance. Head inside and take back the Divine Beast!
[[Breath of the Wild: |]]
Accessing the Divine Beast
- To get into the Divine Beast, talk with Prince Sidon who is waiting for you at the reservoir where the Divine Beast is.
- Equip the Zora Armor to begin your way into the Divine Beast.
- Sidon will point out there are glowing pink orbs that Link will need to hit with Shock Arrows.
- To get there, you will need to ride on Sidon and destroy the ice blocks that it will be hurling at you.
- As you go around the area you will be dealing with an increasing number of ice blocks.
- The spiked Ice Balls will come at Link from behind him. The Ice Blocks will come at Link from in front him.
- Get into the waterfall from the Divine Beast and swim up with the Zora Armor.
- Once up there, use your bow and arrow to fire a Shock Arrow into the Pink orbs at the top of each leg of the Divine Beast.
- Hitting all 4 of the orbs will trigger the next step of the act of freeing the Divine Beast.
Cleansing the Divine Beast
- Go on up the stairs and fire an arrow into the Malice Eye which holds the barrier at the top of the stairs.
- Go across the room to deal with the Guardian Scout just armed with its eye blast.
- Look to the left now. You can see a Malice Barrier at the far end of a pool and just below the surface, on the right, you can see the Malice Eye.
- Hit the eye with an arrow to break the barrier.
- Go to the left-hand side of the pool and use Magnesis to lift up a hidden chest in the water.
- Inside this chest you can find a Ancient Spring
- Use Cryonis to lift the gate in front of a terminal.
- Go up to the terminal and interact with it to get the Divine Beast Map.
- Go across the room, across the pool, to the metal crank.
- Use Magnesis to wind the crank and bring the terminal in the water out of it.
- Go out the door on the opposite side that you came in through.
- Head up the ramp to the right and through the open door there on the second landing.
- On this floor, you will immediately encounter a Guardian Scout with a Guardian Sword. Defeat it and then look to the small water wheel in front of you.
- In this small water wheel you can see a Terminal on the inside. Just outside the small water wheel you can see the fountain moving it. Target this with Cryonis
- Wait for the terminal to reach the lowest point of its rotation and then freeze the water coming out.
- Done right, the terminal will have just emerged from the water and start glowing, allowing Link to access it.
- Access the terminal and head back onto the main platform.
- Break the ice and go to the small area between water wheels.
- Ride the paddle up and over to the far side of the wheel itself.
- As it comes to the water fountain, jump off it and glide over to the ledge just to the left of the water fountain.
- Go to the left and open the chest there to claim the Silver Rupee.
- Head back to the area between the two water wheels.
- Access your map and have the water come through the top of Vah Ruta closest to its head.
- This while start spinning the large water wheel.
- Watch the paddles and wait for the paddle with the malice barrier on the bottom of a paddle.
- Jump onto the paddle just below the malice barrier. Wait for the paddle to level out then destroy it with a quick arrow shot.
- This will reveal a chest with 10 Fire Arrows.
- Jump off the paddle at the far side.
- Destroy the Guardian Scout there with a Guardian Spear.
- Go over to the left and step on the pressure plate there. This will create a waterfall, allowing quick access to this upper area.
- Across from you is a bridge leading to the middle of the large water wheel.
- Glide over to the bridge and head to the middle of the large water wheel.
- First, wait for the 2 sliding stone blocks to show up.
- Freeze the top block as it is getting close to the top of the wheel arc.
- Go and open the chest to claim the Ancient Core.
- Quickly get away from the chest and start waiting again.
- When you see the glowing sphere sitting against the center of this water wheel, freeze it as it is getting past the middle point on the top.
- This will hold open the gate just in front of the terminal.
- Rush into the terminal's chamber and activate it. Once again, quickly step outside the chamber.
- Head to the waterfall you trigger before this and swim up it to its top.
- Immediately after Link launches out of the waterfall, use the paraglider and go to the ledge with the chest on it.
- In the chest you will find a Knight's Halberd.
- Drop the ledge below the one you are on. Head into the open hallway going toward the head of the Divine Beast.
- Get to the end of the hallway and then access your Map.
- Lower the trunk so it is flat.
- Glide out to near the end of the trunk. You can see some Malice and a Malice Eye. Just in front of the eye is a chest.
- Destroy the malice eye. Inside the chest you will find an Ancient Shaft.
- Once collected, tell the trunk to said most of the way up, 4th notch from its top.
- Return Link to the hallway that he had just emerged from.
- Lower the trunk back down.
- Glide out to the very end of the Trunk and then balance Link on the end of the trunk as you tell it to raise up.
- Once again, set the trunk to the 4th notch from the top.
- Head across to the far side of the end of the trunk.
- Drop when you can to the wall just behind the terminal on the underside of the trunk.
- Wait for the trunk to stop moving and interact with the Terminal.
- Jump from the trunk and go over to the left-hand side of Vah Ruta's Back where you can see a Malice Barrier.
- Land on this side and look across to the other side.
- You can see the Malice Eye for this barrier on the far side.
- Use a long range bow for an easy shot or set the arc appropriately for any other.
- This will reveal the chest that was blocked by the Malice.
- Open it to find Ice Arrow x10.
- Turn to the head of Vah Ruta and glide over to it.
- There is a small opening that Link can drop through to land a walkway inside Vah Ruta's head.
- On this walkway, look toward the Trunk to see a Malice Eye. Destroy it with an arrow.
- You will see another metal crank you will need to interact with using Magnesis.
- Wind it to open the roof of Vah Ruta's head.
- Adjust the trunk to its 5th notch from the top.
- This will get the water spout to put out the fire around the final terminal.
- Drop down to the terminal and interact with it.
- This will activate the central terminal.
- Turn and head away from the head of Vah Ruta.
- Just next to the first crank is the ramp down to the central terminal.
- Go and interact with the Central Terminal to summon the boss of this dungeon, Waterblight Ganon.
- Rush into the Waterblight Ganon and start attacking him with your melee weapon.
- Be careful while close to the Waterblight. It can raise its spear and than stab it into the water, creating a blast to knock Link back.
- Keep in close and attack. Be sure to shield when you see the Spear being raised.
- This will continue until Link gets the Waterblight below 50% health.
- This will bring the Waterblight into the second phase. The water level rises and 4 platforms rise up from the ground.
- The Waterblight will summon up Ice Blocks to throw at Link.
- Link can either use the Cryonis rune to destroy the incoming blocks or fire an arrow at it to break it.
- It can summon up to 5 ice blocks to hurl at Link.
- Link can also dive into the water behind the raised stones to avoid the incoming ice blocks.
- It can also raise its spear and strike across most of the area.
- It can also raise the spear and throw the spear at Link.
- This spear attack attack is best dodged.
- Try to hit the Waterblight in the head to stun it.
- Once stunned, rush the Waterblight and attack it.
- When reduced to 25% or less, the Waterblight will start to use the Guardian Laser attack.
- These attacks can be reflected if you have practiced some. They can also be avoided by keeping nearby the stones.