This page has the walkthrough/solution to the Dual Purpose Puzzle.
Takama Shiri Shrine
- Go forward to the break in the walkway.
- You will see 2 metal crates on tracks.
- Line up the 2 crates and head across them to the gate.
- Turn around and use Magnesis to line up the 2 metal crates along the left-hand side of their tracks.
- This will complete a circuit and open the gate behind you.
- Inside the next room, go down the stairs.
- Start by using Magnesis to push the 2 nearby metal boxes on tracks forward.
- Pull the metal crate you pushed back, breaking the electric connection.
- Go along the walkway in front of you.
- This will lead you to the other metal boxes charged with electricity.
- Once again, use Magnesis to grab the metal box in front of you and move it along the track it is on to the right.
- Look to the far metal boxes, move the one of the right toward the end of the track.
- Move on the metal box closer to you back toward you, then align the farther box with it to create a bridge between this walkway and the one of the other side.
- On the metal box, move the other ones back into alignment to create a circuit and pass the electric charge into the nearby rod, opening the door by you.
- Jump through the now open gateway and up the stairs ahead on the right.
- This leads to the final room with a treasure chest in the back of it.
- There are 6 metal crates, 3 of which you can climb up.
- If you want to access the treasure chest, push the low climbable crate all the way over to the right.
- Move the solid metal crate just to the left of it, the electric charge should still be passing through it.
- Move the top right climbable crate just to the left of the solid one you just moved.
- Slide the climbable middle crate just to the left of the top climbable crate. This should be 1 crate distance from the solid one.
- Finally, move the solid crate on the low track just below to the climbable one on the middle track.
- This will complete a circuit, raising the gate in the semi-hidden back room.
- Go past the crate you just put into position and into the hallway behind it.
- Head around the corner and over to the chest.
- Open it to claim the Royal Bow inside it.
- Head back out, it is time to get up to the higher walkway.
- Slide the climbable low metal crate away from the power source, next to the other low metal crate.
- Climb up onto the middle crate.
- Once there, use Magnesis to move the top climbable crate to allow access across to the walkway.
- Get on the very top platform, next to the gate on the walkway.
- Slide the climbable crate over 2 crate distances.
- Grab low climbable metal crate and set it back to its starting position.
- Finally use Magnesis to grab the middle crate and place it between the top and low crates.
- Use magnesis to make any corrections and complete the circuit.
- Go through the now open gate behind you.
- Turn to the left and take the stairs upwards.
- Climb the stairs and interact with the Monk Takama Shiri.