The village of Hateno has opted to demolish one of its vacant buildings. The foreman Bolson offers to sell the vacant house to Link and do upgrades on it.
- Enter Hateno Village and go to the Southern bridge from the entrance of the bridge, to the right of the entrance.
- Go to the large house nearby the large tree, close to the shrine.
- Go to the back left portion of the house.
- There you will find the foreman, Bolson
- Talk with him and express interest in buying the house. Bolson will offer to sell you the house at 3,000 rupees and for 30 Wood Bundles.
- Collecting the rupees can be done from heading to the Dueling peaks, and finding ores to mine. There are a number of ways to make this money.
- You can easily find wood around Hyrule. You can head to the Great Plateau and go to the Old Man's House to get a Woodcutter's Axe.
- Using the Woodcutter's Axe makes it easy to cut down trees.
- Remote Bombs also work very well to cut down trees.
- Once you have everything, you can head back to Hateno Village.
- This is just the first part of the quest. Now you can upgrade the house to move toward the end of the quest.
- Talk with Hudson who is to the right of Bolson, This will send him off to found Tarrey Town and allow you to begin From the Ground Up.
- Now you can begin upgrading the house with mounts and other decorations. Talk with Bolson
- Each of the 2 Weapon Mounts costs 100 rupees
- Each of the 3 Shield Mounts costs 100 rupees
- Each of the 3 Bow Mounts costs 100 rupees
- The Bed costs 100 rupees
- The Door costs 100 rupees
- The Flower bed costs 100 rupees
- The Sign costs 100 rupees
- The Lighting costs 100 rupees
- All together it will cost 1,400 rupees to upgrade the house.
- When all upgrades are purchased, Bolson will add in furniture for free into the house.
Bolson: Mornin'! Need something from me?
Link: What're you doing?
Bolson: In case it's not obvious, I'm demolishing a vacant house. Times are rough. Not a lot of buyers, y'know? So the villagers decided it was best to just tear it down.
Link: I can buy it!
Bolson: Whoa, get a load of young moneybags... Just wants to "buy" it, huh? Okey-doo... Let me lay it out for you. See this house? Been vacant for years. So the villagers had a meeting, argued, voted, and decided to tear it down. The demolition costs, with associated fees, permits, and other such details come in at 50,000 rupees. So when you say you want to "buy" it, you're talking about 50,000 rupees... You got that much on you?
Bolson: Heh... Figured. When I was your age, I had serious money problems too, so I know how it feels all too well...
Bolson: ... All right. All right, look. Here's the deal! Just for you! I'll cut you a special price of 3,000 rupees. BUT IN RETURN! I'm going to need you to bring me 30 wood bundles. Building materials... You know how it is. Anyway, you understand the terms? Then get to it. And show me what you're built out of... That's a construction joke."'
Hudson: You got it!
Link: I'll pay your price!
Bolson: Okey-doo. I'll grab them from you.
Bolson: All I needed to see... Good-faith wood. You're obviously serious about this, and now I know it. So, as promised, I'll sell you this old house for the low price of 3,000 rupees. Once you've got the money together, come grab me.
Bolson: Hi! Did you get t3,000 rupees together?
Link: I'm ready!
Bolson: Seriously?! You're gonna give me 3,000 rupees? Like, with three zeros? You aren't just posturing?
Link: I'll shell out!
Bolson: No way! Talk about studly! I'll just take that off your hands. Thanks for the sweet investment. Spending so much money on ANYTHING at your age... It's just so... studly! There's a weapon mount in there that never sold... Consider it a housewarming gift. Hope you get some use out of it.
Bolson: Hi! I asked Hudson to clear some land in the Akkala region.
Link: Clearing land?
Bolson: Yup... Business expansion, y'know. I'll probably have him head out soon. If you want to say anything to Hudson, better catch him before he leaves.
Link: What are you doing?
Hudson: Taking a break. Bu the way... Did you buy that house?
Hudson: Impressive. You're just a pup.
Link: Uh... come again?
Hudson: Don't worry about it. Anyway...
Hudson: Looks like I've gotta head out and leave this place soon.
Hudson: I've been transferred.
Hudson: Mighta heard, but Bolson Construction is planning to expand big-time.
Link: That's great
Hudson: Yeah, big expansion.
Link: Where will you go?
Link: That's pretty far.
Link: Good luck!
Hudson: OK then.
Hudson: Well... No time like the present, right? I should be getting on my way... If you'd like, you should come to the Akkala region and say hello. Well... Take care of yourself.
Bolson: Hi! So, the both of us sort of hit a personal milestone, huh? Time to kick back and get LEISURELY, baby! ... Though you look a bit judgemental for such a fine moment. You're looking at me like we should both keep working at it. Heh! You don't even have to say it. "Oh, wah, I just bought a house and it's totally empty and depressing!" oh, sure, that's you to a T. I see it in your eyes. Yup, I was just like that you, about a lifetime ago. So tell you what, lemme help by taking of furniture, or the exterior, or anything really, for 5,000 rupees. Actually, no, scratch that. For you? Let's start at 100 rupees. Just cruise on by whenever you have the spending cash and we'll talk.
Bolson: Hi! Need something from me?
Link: Build me something.
Bolson: Whatcha want?
Link: Gear displays.
Bolson: What kind of mount?
Link: Weapon mount.
Link: Bow mount.
Link: Shield mount.
Link: House exterior.
Bolson: That'll be 100 rupees, OK? You can shell that out?
Link: I'm ready to pay up!
Bolson: Okey-doo, payments due up front.
Bolson: Okey-doo. Hang on a sec. Gotta get my mind right.
Bolson: Karson! We are ON!
Karson: Been waiting!
Bolson: Pretty flawless, if I do say so myself. You should take a look.
Bolson: AHH! YOU HOUSING MONSTER! You got EVERYTHING?! Ah, such is the way of youth... Driven! Even reckless, some might say. Well, since you bought everything, I threw in some free furniture! Yeah! Least I could do! Karson! Look lively!
Karson: I'm with you!
Bolson: Well, I am TUCKERED! I couldn't swing a ball-peen hammer right now, let alone an axe... Break time, baby!
- You can easily make money by "Snowling" nearby the Hebra Tower nearby the Snowfield Stable. Head to Pondo's Lodge.
- You can gamble in Lurein Village.
- The Super Gut Check Challenge in Eldin.
- Chests found throughout Hyrule have rupees in them.
- The house is one of a very few places you can store weapons and shields by placing them on the Mounts inside.
- The house also gives you a place to sleep for free once the bed is purchased.
- There is a cooking pot just outside the house that is protected by the overhanging tree. It will stay lit even in the rain.
- Link can put weapons, bows and shields onto the display mounts by having them equipped and interacting with the mount.
- Bolson and Karson have something different to say most of the time you are purchasing an upgrade for the house.