A shield passed down through the Hyrulean royal family, along with the legend of the one who wielded it. Its defensive capabilities and durability outshine all other shields.
Where to get
- Approach the Southwestern tower going over the Castle.
- Glide to the ledge closest to the water and then follow the Mine Cart track to the end. Expect to deal with a few Keese along the way. This will bring you to the West Passage.
- By the mine cart you will need to evade a few Peebles.
- Climb into the Minecart and drop a Circular Remote Bomb into the back of the cart.
- When your bomb is recharged, drop another into the back of the Minecart. Repeat this until you reach the other end of the track.
- Go through the passage on the right nearby you.
- Go either up the sloping path or climb the wall to the left of the door.
- Go down the corridor to its end ahead of you.
- When you reach the end of the corridor, look to the right. You will see a weakened portion of wall.
- Summon a Remote Bomb and place it by the weakened part of the wall. Move out of range and destroy it.
- Go through the opening in the wall and turn to the left.
- Follow the corridor to its end again. Look on the left-hand side.
- You will see a pair of braziers against the wall. Set a Bomb between them and detonate it to reveal another passage.
- You will enter a prison cell on the other side of the wall. Go over to the left-hand side.
- Look through the bars to the eye coming up from the Malice.
- There are a pair of bent bars. Fire an arrow between them to open the cell door.
- Be careful in this room because you will likely encounter both a Silver Lizalfos and a Silver Moblin.
- The Cell with the Silver Lizalfos has a Blizzard Rod inside it.
- Defeat one or both of these foes then turn to the left from where you entered. This is away from the next patch of Malice (and the Silver Moblin.
- Go through the open cell door at the end of the corridor and turn to the right.
- This will lead you into another Cell with a very large Skeleton inside.
- In this room are tablets that call this "Test of the Royal Guard": Strike down the giant foe to become recognized as a knight of the kingdom.
- Entering the room will trigger a fight with the Stalnox inside it.
- Blast it apart or damage its body so it falls apart and its black eye falls. Immediately charge the eye and start attacking it. This is the vital part of the Stalnox.
- Firing Arrows into the eye of Stalnox while it is assembled is a great way to reduce it to a pile of bones quickly.
- You can get more time to damage the eye by hitting it away from the skeletal body.
- Use Bomb Arrows with a multi-shot bow if possible to do the most damage to the body to get it to quickly drop the eye.
- The Stalnox will often attack with its arms.
- It can also attack by pulling out a few of its ribs and throwing those at you.
- Like a living Hinox, it will protect its eye from ranged attacks by putting its hand in front of it.
- Move constantly during the encounter to avoid the worst of its attacks. Well timed jumps will evade a number of attacks with ease.
- When defeated, the Stalnox will drop a Great Thunderblade, Royal Broadsword and Royal Halberd.
- A chest will appear with the Stalnox's defeat. Open the chest to claim the Hylian Shield.
- This is a very durable Shield.
- If the shield breaks, if you have completed the Side Quest: From the Ground Up, you can buy it from the hidden merchant.
- This merchant only appears after the quest is marked as complete. Look on the rooftop of the Northwestern house to find him.
- It costs 3,000 rupees.