Talk with the strange black statue nearby the entrance to Hateno Village.
The Statue's Bargain
- Find and talk with the Horned Statue.
- This statue will take a Heart Container from Link.
- Talk with the Statue again to continue the quest.
- You can either be able to reclaim the Heart Container or trade it for a Stamina Vessel.
- This Horned Statue will now buy your Essence (Heart Container or Stamina Vessel) for 100 rupees.
- The Statue can then sell it back to Link for 120 Rupees as either Stamina or Hearts.
Horned Statue: Ahhhh... So there are some who still pay me homage.
Link: You can talk?!
Horned Statue: You don't say... You can hear my voice?
Horned Statue: Now, that is a surprise. What were you praying for? Long life? Wealth, like so many of your kind? Whichever it was, you came to the right place. A dealer in life and power... That was me, once. Alas, my life-for-money bargains didn't sit well with the Goddess Hylia. She trapped me in this stone statue long, long ago. The village here call me the Horned Statue and don't even bother to wipe away the bird droppings. One would think years upon years of such treatment would have me mend my ways... One would think wrongly. I have only been biding my time for the moment someone can hear me appears. Someone such as you. But I've said enough. Now then, shall we strike a bargain? Then stay that way. No further action on your part is required.
Horned Statue: What's wrong, then? Have your prayers gone unanswered?
Link: Give it back.
Horned Statue: Fa ha ha... Did you think I'd deceived you? Perish the thought. I hope that ours will be a long and profitable relationship. So which will it be? As I may have mentioned once or twice, I'm a dealer in life and power. I can provide a valuable service to you. I take Heart Containers or Stamina Vessels from you...and then, for a price, return whichever of the two you like.
Link: Give me a heart.
Horned Statue: A wise choice. Now, remain still.
Link: Give me stamina.
Horned Statue: You look skeptical. Not to worry. Money and life are all as one to me. If you're ready to begin, then first you must sell me either type of essence for 100 rupees. If you want to buy an essence back, the price rises to 120 rupees. Before you acry foul, know that you may choose which one I return to you: a Heart Container or a Stamina Vessel. I'm eager to help tamper with your essence anytime you want to return and pray here.
The horned statue in Hateno Village took one of your containers!
The only thing to do is talk to him and try to convince him to give it back.
- It will cost Link 20 rupees each time he wants to exchange how he has invested a set of 4 Spirit Orbs.
- Having access to this statue can make it easier to get the Master Sword earlier in the game.