Beast can later join your party as a Dwarven Companion.
Narrator — *A broad dwarf sits totally upright on the bench, eyes closed, palms face up on his knees. His beard is a cascade of meticulous plaits, each one braided through with golden medallions. He raises an eyebrow as you approach but doesn't open his eyes.*
Beast - Listen up, boy. You hear that?
- Ask what you're meant to be hearing.*
Beast - The ship, of course.
- Quieten and listen to the sounds ofthe ship.*
Narrator — *A wave of sound washes over you: The unintelligible chatter of your shipmates; the groaning of wood Drom ?oor to ceiling; the boom, crash, and crackle of waves around you, complaints from the sea itself.*
Beast — And?
- Say the sea sounds angry, like it's trying to capsize the ship.*
Narrator - *The fellow cocks his ear, listening.*
Beast - That isn't anger. It's...
Narrator ‘ *He cocks his ear to the other side, then smiles.*
Beast - Anticipation. She senses something. I‘d hold onto my breeches if I were you, mate. That all you hear, though? Listen close.
- Close your eyes and try to let the ambient sounds on the ship fade away.*
Beast - There, now... just like that...
Narrator - *Squ-e-e-e-e-a-a-a-l*
Beast - Aha!
Narrator — *His eyes snap open as his countenance breaks into an expression of joy. One great paw claps you on the back; the other catches you before you lose your footing.*
Beast - There! You heard it, didn't you? I knew it! I knew it! Aye, this is good news, boy. Good news.
- Nod; you heard it. What's it supposed to be?*
Beast — It's the wheel. The wheel, don't you see, you beautiful idiot! Squeaks whenever the helmsman jerks it clockwise, which means we're heading east. - Burn my beard! That means... if we’ve been travelling for... YES! Only 10.34 nautical miles to Fort Joy...
- Ask why he's so excited about reaching Fort Joy. You haven't heard anything good about the place.*
Beast - Heh. No indeed, boy. But that ain‘t my ?nal destination.
Narrator — *The dwarf leans back from the table and strokes his beard, gold medallions jingling merrily. His eyes roll over to you.*
Beast - That'll be all! Thankee kindly, boy!
- Say nothing, but look him over once before leaving. You may want to ?nd him again inside Fort Joy.*
- Beast is one of the new companions added to the game.
- Beast won't join your party while on The Hold, but he will later in Fort Joy.
- He can be found west of Fort Joy on the beach, working on a shipwreck.
- "If you'll be pardonin' me, I'll be much obliged."