Entering Deathfog causes INSTANT death, except if you are an undead character (such as Fane. Undead characters take no damage from Deathfog.
Instant death for the living.
- Touching Deathfog means INSTANT DEATH! You don't just take damage over time until you die, instead you just die immediately. This means no matter how much health you have, you cannot enter a deathfog area, even for a little just to loot something.
- In the quest Troubled Waters at the beginning of the game there is a room filled with Deathfog. You need the Skull-Marked Key
- This room does not have any significant loot in here. You can loot two magister corpses that are outside the Deathfog (be careful not to touch the Deathfog) for perhaps a small amount of gold. So don't worry, you are not missing out on anything by not being able to go in the Deathfog.
- You do get a small amount of experience just by entering the room.
- If you are playing as Fane or a custom undead character, or have an undead companion, you can send that character into the Deathfog.