Duo mode is a Match Type in Fortnite Battle Royale.
The Duo Match Type was released on October 4th, 2017, along with Supply Drops.
Duos consists of teams of 2 people.
It is similar to Squad mode except for the number of teammates.
You can team with your friends, or choose "Squad Fill" to have the server automatically assign someone as your teammate.
The team of the last player to stay alive wins.
- Your pair is ranked by the average of how both of you survived. So for example if you die in the beginning of the match and the other player makes it all the way to the end, your team will be ranked middle.
- You see the nameplate above your teammate, letting you identify him or her easily.
- You can see how much health and shield your teammate has
- You can see each other's waypoints on the map
- There is no Friendly Fire as of January 2018. This means you CANNOT harm your teammates.
- If you die, you will automatically spectate your partner if he or she is still alive.
- Place a waypoint on the map to indicate to your teammate where you think you should go
- Duos may be disabled during low population times to preserve player experience.