NOTE: For info on the CHALLENGE, see here: Search Chests in Wailing Woods
Wailing Woods is a forest area north of Lonely Lodge and east of Tomato Town. There is a bunker in the middle surrounded by a labyrinth, making it hard to get to. It is an ideal place for a base if the player has gear. Southwest of wailing woods, loot can be found, increasing chances of survival. It is a horrible starting place for squads, has sustainability in duos and is Amazing for solos. To the northeast, there is a house with a tower built onto it, There is usually 2 chests here.
See map below.
- The center bunker is surrounded by a labyrinth that makes it hard to navigate.
- The bunker makes a good hiding place if inside the eye of the storm. Easy to defend. So if you find enough gear, consider taking a stand there.
- To the southwest there is an area with lots of shipping containers. You can usually find tons of good loot there!
- To the west there is an area with some buildings including a gas station and a big fast food place. Consider paying a visit here as you are likely to find good gear here.
- Also if you go northeast of Wailing Woods to the big house there is good loot, there are always at least 2 chests
- Wailing Woods is a good place for those who want to snipe from high up; you can use the wood from the big trees to build sky bases