Tutorial is part of the Walkthrough in New Pokemon Snap.
- When the Photographer arrives at the Research Camp.
- Professor Mirror and Rita will introduce themselves and bring the Photographer inside
- There, they will give the Photographer the Camera.
- From there, Professor Mirror will ask Rita to give the Photographer a chance to learn to use the Camera.
- Rita will give the basics of using the camera to the Photographer (on the default control scheme on the Switch itself).
- A Vivillon will be fluttering around on-screen, take the time to snap a photo of it.
- Rita will explain the pointer, which is used to center the photo
- Left Thumbstick is used to move the camera around
- Move the camera around to get used to how it works.
- The speed of its movement can be adjusted in settings.
- It can also be adjusted to work with the motion controls of the Switch.
- After a short while, a Pikachu will emerge from the grass.
- Rita will have the Photographer focus on the Pikachu.
- She will explain the square that appears around the Pikachu, explaining that it will be the focus of the shot.
- After this, Rita will explain using Zoom with your Camera.
- Zoom can be set as a toggle in settings, allowing the Photographer to tap to Zoom in and out.
- Rita explains, as much as possible, have the Pokemon in the middle of the photo and as large as possible.
- Having done the photos, Rita will bring the Photographer in.
- Here, Professor Mirror will explain the grading criteria.
- He explains that each Pokemon can only have 1 photo selected from all the photos taken.
- Start with the Pikachu folder and select 1 photo.
- After that, select 1 of the photos from the Vivillon.
- Time for your first evaluation.
- With the Pikachu, Professor Mirror will explain his criteria for the cameras.
- First, the photo is rated 1-4 stars for the rarity of the action in the photo
- 1 and 2 stars are common behaviors, while 3 and 4 stars are unusual behaviors (usually requiring the intervention of the photographer or special circumstances).
- Each of these stars can have 1 photograph associated with it.
- He then explains the basics of the Photo Scoring
- The photos are rated and then Professor Mirror will bring them outside.
- Here, the player is introduced to the NEO-ONE.
- They are shown how to use it and from there, they are sent off on their first photo expedition.