Team Rocket, for the duration of an unknown event, can occupy a Poke Stop.
To notice an Occupied Poke Stop
- Poke Stops that are occupied by Team Rocket are a Dark Blue and twitch erratically.
- Once you approach one, after the first, it will turn into a Black Stop with red outlines and the Team Rocket R above it.
- Spinning the stop will only net you a few items.
- After item collection, you will be facing the Team Rocket Grunt controlling the stop.
Battling Team Rocket
- Team Rocket Grunts have a saying at the start which tells you what their most powerful Pokemon is!
- Type advantage is critical for these battles, regardless of the league.
- Winning the Trainer Battle against the Grunt gives you a chance to catch a Shadow Pokemon and gives you 500 Stardust.
Catching the Shadow Pokemon
- When you win the battle, you are given a number of Premium Balls.
- The total number is determined by your remaining Pokemon, progress on the Hero Badge and the Purifier Badge
- You get 1 Ball per remaining Pokemon.
- You get 2 Balls for defeating the Grunt.