"Lilac and Gooseberries" is a main story quest in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Yennefer had contacted Geralt - finally. They had not seen each other in years. And then she'd sent him a letter, smelling of lilac and gooseberries, of course, asking him to meet her in the village of Willoughby. "About a matter of great importance," she had written.
So as was his wont when it came to all things Yennefer, the witcher raced off at breakneck speed. Alas, he arrived too late. Passing armies had razed Willoughby to the ground. Yennefer was nowhere in sight. With the help of Vesemir, whom Geralt had encountered along the way, Geralt picked up her trail, which the two Witchers then followed. Yen had ridden north, traversing wild lands and battlefields at great speed She was in a hurry. Perhaps she was in trouble...
How to start quest
- Kill the ghouls
- Follow Vesemir
- Go to the Tavern in White Orchard
- Ask travelers about Yennefer
- Ask the Nilfgaardians about Yennefer
- Complete the griffin contract
- Prepare to leave White Orchard with Vesemir
- At the very beginning of this quest, just after fighting the Ghouls, use your witcher senses and locate the Crystal Skull on the ground!
- The quest name references the fact that Yennefer likes to wear perfume that smells like Lilac and Gooseberries. Vesemir can smell that scent when examining Yennefer's letter.