Head to the fields northeast of the Village.
See map below for help finding the exact location.
Speak to Vesemir when you get there.
Geralt: A stream, amber waves of grain... charming place. Perfect for an ambush.
Vesemir: I know how to choose em
Geralt: Let's start. Wind's good, bait's scont will spread quickly.
Vesemir: Now all we have to do is wait. Come on. We can cower in the shade of those birches.
Geralt: So tell me... Once we find Yennefer, what'll you do? Got your eye on a contract?
Vesemir No, I'll go to Kaer Morhen. Nilfgaard's crossed the Pontar in the east. Puts them maybe a week's march from Kaer Morhen. If they reach the valley before snows can cover the pass... well we need to cover our tracks, hide our paths.
Geralt: Hear this? It's close. Lets go give it a warm welcome
Vesemir: Wait, take this
Geralt: A Crossbow?
Vesemir: Won it in a card game while you ran around. Might come in handy.
Geralt: How about that. Always lectured us on the evils, but you're a gambler yourself. / A Witcher with a crossbow? We breaking with tradition?
Vesemir: Stop talking. Got a griffin to kill.
The Beast of White Orchard Quest
- Ask the Herbalist about buckthorn
- Find some buckthorn on the riverbed using your witcher senses
- Ask the hunter where he found the bodies
- Use your witcher senses to find the hunter
- Kill the wild dogs
- Talk to the hunter
- Follow the hunter
- Examine the site of the Nilfgaardian soldiers' death using your witcher senses
- Follow the Nilfgaardian soldiers' tracks using your witcher senses
- Search the griffin's nest using your witcher senses
- Talk to Vesemir
- Prepare to fight the griffin
- Meet Vesemir in the field where you plan to ambush the griffin
- Kill the griffin
- Take a trophy from the griffin's corpse
- Collect your reward from the Nilfgaardians