Check the Griffin's Nest for clues.
Examine the following:
- Griffin body
You will determine the age and type of griffin (Royal Griffin). See griffin analysis below.
Female. Larvae in her wounds have already hatched. Been dead at least a week. other griffin must be a male
Wounds: Deep cuts over the whole body. Not a drop of blood on the beak or claws. Didn't defend herself. Crept up on her while she slept.
Age: Beak tip's worn, gray hairs in the coat - ten, twelve years old. Griffins pair off for life when young. Male must be about the same age.
Type: Thick shaft, dense barbs - a Royal Griffin
Explains why the male I ran into was so aggressive. Hunted the Nilfgaardians down here in the forest first, then started prowling the area. Done all I could. Should talk to Vesemir.
"Griffin's Nest. What remains of it, at least."
The Beast of White Orchard Quest
- Ask the Herbalist about buckthorn
- Find some buckthorn on the riverbed using your witcher senses
- Ask the hunter where he found the bodies
- Use your witcher senses to find the hunter
- Kill the wild dogs
- Talk to the hunter
- Follow the hunter
- Examine the site of the Nilfgaardian soldiers' death using your witcher senses
- Follow the Nilfgaardian soldiers' tracks using your witcher senses
- Search the griffin's nest using your witcher senses
- Talk to Vesemir
- Prepare to fight the griffin
- Meet Vesemir in the field where you plan to ambush the griffin
- Kill the griffin
- Take a trophy from the griffin's corpse
- Collect your reward from the Nilfgaardians