Vesemir: And the bad news is that we have to kill the griffin for him. What else could he want from two witchers
Geralt: Griffin's abandoned it's lair. Gotta make a lure, set a trap. Learned some things. It's a male, had its nest in the Vulpine Woods. The Nilfgaardians burned the woods down, killed its mate, smashed their eggs thought they'd fixed things.
Vesemir: Hm. It's always the same. Instead of sending for a professional, they try to do it themselves, only end up making matter worse.
Geralt: Got the buckthorn
Vesemir: Oughtta work like a charm. Powerful scent.
Geralt: More like stench
Vesemir: City boy. rotting meat, manure, piss - standard smells of the countryside. Remember Tretogor, hunting that zeugl in the trash heap? You spent half the next day bathing, scrubbing yourself.
Geralt: How can I forget? You ever gonna stop bringing that up?
The Beast of White Orchard Quest
- Ask the Herbalist about buckthorn
- Find some buckthorn on the riverbed using your witcher senses
- Ask the hunter where he found the bodies
- Use your witcher senses to find the hunter
- Kill the wild dogs
- Talk to the hunter
- Follow the hunter
- Examine the site of the Nilfgaardian soldiers' death using your witcher senses
- Follow the Nilfgaardian soldiers' tracks using your witcher senses
- Search the griffin's nest using your witcher senses
- Talk to Vesemir
- Prepare to fight the griffin
- Meet Vesemir in the field where you plan to ambush the griffin
- Kill the griffin
- Take a trophy from the griffin's corpse
- Collect your reward from the Nilfgaardians