This page has the walkthrough/solution to the A Major Test of Strength Kema Kosassa Puzzle.
Kema Kosassa Shrine
- Lightning Weapons, and especially Shock Arrows can be used to great effect against this Guardian Scout. They can stun the Scout for several seconds and now can be fired into the water nearby the Scout to induce a similar effect.
- You will be facing a Guardian Scout IV armed with a Guardian Shield++, Guardian Spear++ and an Ancient Battle Axe++.
- This Guardian can strafe fire small eye blasts at Link. A high enough defense shield can protect against them.
- During the first three phases, the Guardian Scout can be stunned by Electrical attacks.
- Watch each of the weapons carefully for their very clear wind-up attacks.
- The Guardian Scout will leap back at points and hold its weapons horizontally.
- Instead of pillars, this combat chamber has water on the floor.
- Link can use Cryonis to create a protective pillar against the rushing Guardian. You can also use the aim underfoot to lift Link out of the water and put him in a position for a fast attack as soon as the pillar breaks.
- Create the ice Pillar with Cryonis while the Guardian is still backing up because of the time needed.
- If the Guardian slams into the ice pillar, it will be stunned.
- When the Guardian Scout is reduced to less than 50% health, it will move away from Link and start emitting a blue beam from its eye in a wide circle.
- When the Scout has taken 75% damage, then it will start using its 4 Shot Volley attacks.
- It will glow blue and emit a blue aura from itself.
- When the aura coalesces around the head of the Scout, the beam will fire.
- If Link is close to the Scout, he can strafe around it and avoid all the damage.
- Defeat the Scout to clear the room and have the gate rise in the back, allowing access to the Monk's Chamber.
- In front of the Monk, you will find a chest with a Silver Rupee.
- Climb the stairs and interact with the Monk Kema Kosassa.
- A combat arena with no pilars, but filled with water.
- The guardian has an Axe and a spear, both fairly easy to block weaponry.