This page has the walkthrough/solution to the Drifting Puzzle.
Hila Rao Shrine
- Run forward to the drifting wooden platform going from right to left.
- Just after it starts crossing the opening across the water, run across the platform and climb up onto the ledge on the far side.
- Head to the edge of the next stream, equipping the Magnesis Rune.
- Wait for the first platform to emerge from the right-hand side of the stream.
- Jump on the platform and activate Magnesis. A chest will be revealed underwater. Use the rune to either bring the chest to you or onto the ledge you started on. The chest has an Opal inside.
- To get across, wait for the platforms to start appearing on the right-hand side.
- Move from one to the next to reach the far side, performing a running jump to make sure to reach the ledge.
- Go over to the edge of the next stream. This one moves in a circle.
- To get the chest, equip the Cryonis Rune. Wait for it to circle around to the same side as you then create a block of ice to raise it up. Inside it you will get 5 Ice Arrows.
- Select your Circular Remote Bombs. Throw one into the water.
- Wait for the bomb to get by the rocks on the far side and then detonate it to clear the way forward.
- Swim to the far side where the rocks where and climb out of the water.
- Approach the Monk Hila Rao to complete the trial.
- This trial focuses on timing in numerous instances.
- It helps to perform running jumps for the added distance.
- Keep toward the center of the platforms, otherwise they will start to drift to whatever side Link is on.
- You can also use Cyronis with the explosive barrels to destroy the rocks in the third section.